Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do Nazi mods now delete filesharing threads on sight?

made

Arcane
At least justice was served in the end. I should hope the mod in question will be reprimanded for this wanton abuse of power.

Repressed Homosexual
If anyone else than I had started it it's obvious it would have remained untouched. But because someone has a petty vendetta towards me, this happened.

Someone is wallowing in his persecution complex...

It's only for the principle, not for me. I do the same kind of comments whenever something similar happens to anyone else or to the community in general.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We delete shit where people openly post links to illegal things because that's actually a bad thing and should not be officially supported.

I'm a pirate myself and do filesharing for more than 10 years now, but I still delete links to torrents because it's illegal and we do not officially support illegal things on the 'dex cause that's the only thing that might actually get the Codex into trouble.

So yes, there's a good reason for it.

EDIT:
Okay now I read what this is actually about and linking to discussions about piracy is okay, as well as sharing sites like megaupload. Only directly linking to downloads is not allowed.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jarl Frank and ironically the Jew are only decent mods left on Codex after Phelot has died. Megaupload is file sharing service if this is illegal we should ban cars and kitchen knifes. Not to mention our entire Playground section is one big copy fag right infringement.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Discussion seems fine, though it's not really a SCIENCE!! forum thread. Revived and moved to GD.

:hmmm:

SCIENCE!! forum description said:
Fucking magnets, how do they work? (And technical computery stuff too).

Perception check failure?
The intent of that description wasn't "Hey, this website has come back". It was more for "My HDD failed, how to install new one with 16-bit MBUS" or "My graphics card has a broken 8-BIT adapter plug and I'm trying to source a new S180 to plug into it but the guy down at M-Tech said they only PS-142's. Will the D-line in the 142's work with the 5.1 surround sound?"

Kirtai

Augur
The intent of that description wasn't "Hey, this website has come back". It was more for "My HDD failed, how to install new one with 16-bit MBUS" or "My graphics card has a broken 8-BIT adapter plug and I'm trying to source a new S180 to plug into it but the guy down at M-Tech said they only PS-142's. Will the D-line in the 142's work with the 5.1 surround sound?"
When I read that I thought for a second I'd fallen through a wormhole to an alternate 1970s. Except for the 5.1 it sounds just like old minicompter stuff. :?

Repressed Homosexual
Discussion seems fine, though it's not really a SCIENCE!! forum thread. Revived and moved to GD.

:hmmm:

SCIENCE!! forum description said:
Fucking magnets, how do they work? (And technical computery stuff too).

Perception check failure?

It should be clearer then because people use it to discuss IT news.

Also it's a cloud service, everyone has a Dropbox account or similar these days, it would qualify on that ground solely.

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
nice visuals there..
complex pixelated mazes, virtual side walks and half deserted urban alleys of this informational city-maze of prehistoric gaming eras, wherein threads may wander, doomed to manifest only in the minds of the few that frequent such avenues..the main core, safe in its proximity to the home page sporting clean, politically correct written articles, there for the casual passerby to look over..all the while Derp virus continuing to spread and providing jolts of vitality to the rest of the system, soon to cause an Awakening of the Codex Net..signs of previously mentioned mal-ads but a sign of the future..

..i know i need to lay off the acid ok? bare with me..

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
nice visuals there..
complex pixelated mazes, virtual side walks and half deserted urban alleys of this informational city-maze of prehistoric gaming eras, wherein threads may wander, doomed to manifest only in the minds of the few that frequent such avenues..the main core, safe in its proximity to the home page sporting clean, politically correct written articles, there for the casual passerby to look over..all the while Derp virus continuing to spread and providing jolts of vitality to the rest of the system, soon to cause an Awakening of the Codex Net..signs of previously mentioned mal-ads but a sign of the future..

..i know i need to lay off the acid ok? bare with me..

Funny. All I see is an endless row of shallow graves.

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
'birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an isntant..' :P

i wallow in my finiteness. I find my striving for the unattainable whilst chained in my petiness, my clock ticking, funny indeed. A jumble of paradoxes i dare call continuity. HAHA. i laugh.
or is that not the direction you meant to go with this..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom