Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you have to play NWN2OC to understand MotB

deuxhero

Arcane
or start out with a half decent character/equipment (or is there a sidequest that requires an imported character), or can I just skip the (apparently) horrible OC when I get the gold edition in 2 months?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Skip it. You'll get plenty of powerful equipment in MotB, thanks to enchanting.

Lumpy

Arcane
Skip it. I did - didn't hurt my enjoyment of the game one bit.
Nonetheless, you should read a plot summary. One is conveniently available in the MotB journal right from the start.
Make sure you know what the Sword of the Gith is, and what it had to do with you. Basically, somehow you ended up with the shard of this really epic sword in your chest. That gave you lost of trouble in the OC, but it also gave you a special connection to the sword, and to previous swordbearers.
Also: Khelgar was a loyal dwarf fighter or something. Neeshka was a tiefling girl rogue. Daeghun was you foster father. Ammon Jerro was a villain in the OC whom you beat up and then became a valuable ally who helped you and stuff. Crossroad Keep was your fortress. West Harbor was your home village.
That's pretty much everything you need to know to understand everything in MotB.

NiM82

Prophet
Try the OC and if you get bored skip onto motb - there is some overlap and characters from the OC do appear in motb. The OC is ok imo, not great, but reasonable once it gets going.

El Dee

Scholar
The masses are correct, skip it. I played the OC all the way into the last act and never got around to finishing it. I just started playing MOTB recently and am having a grand time.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I'd say try to do the OC and if it's that unbearable, skip to MotB. I still enjoyed it for what it is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom