Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

does the arcanum protagonist have a name?

deuxhero

Arcane
Like Fallout's is The Vault Dweller and Fallout 2's is The Chosen One?

deuxhero

Arcane
1eyedking said:
And Fallout 2's is not the Chosen One.

I thought "the chosen one" was the villages thing for chosing to send them for the GECK, did I miss something?

1eyedking

Erudite
deuxhero said:
I thought "the chosen one" was the villages thing for chosing to send them for the GECK, did I miss something?
He (or she) wasn't Chosen per se, he (or she) was more like the one who pulled the shortest straw.

Helton

Arcane
1eyedking said:
He (or she) wasn't Chosen per se, he (or she) was more like the one who pulled the shortest straw.

People have said this about both the Fallout protagonists. Where does it come from?

1eyedking

Erudite
Helton said:
1eyedking said:

People have said this about both the Fallout protagonists. Where does it come from?
From some villager quotes. Well, that, and the fact they send you to the friendly ants, scorpions and traps in the Temple of Trials.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
1eyedking said:
deuxhero said:

This also applies to the Arcanum protagonist from what I got out of the story. You're not special, you just happened to be the one person who survived the crash.

Andhaira

Arcane
There are a couple of things about arcanums intro that don't make sense. I mean, its possible to start with a very high magikal aptitude if you choose many spells AND the sold your soul background. How did the protagonist get authorization to get onto the blimp then?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
AndhairaX said:
There are a couple of things about arcanums intro that don't make sense. I mean, its possible to start with a very high magikal aptitude if you choose many spells AND the sold your soul background. How did the protagonist get authorization to get onto the blimp then?

Maybe he paid enough money for it?

EDIT: Also, it has been a while ago since I last played Arcanum, but aren't magical characters also allowed on trains if they take a seat in the wagon at the back, so they're far away from the engine? Maybe it's the same with the blimp. Get the cabin most far away from the engine if you're a mage.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
JarlFrank, yes but only if your magickal aptitude is low enough. Get it high enough and then you won't be allowed to board even the "special" car. I don't think you can get that high aptitude on character creation though.

But Andhaira's question is inane since one of the backgrounds tells how you hid inside the blimp as a stowaway so there - highly magickal charas can do it that way.

Callaxes

Arbiter
The Living Nun.

Wait, why did I say that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom