Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Doing a Legion run in FO:NV

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

Is this true?

Please also leave a comment on this videos youtube page.

I see besides garnering Codex prestige, the communist and seventh day adventist minister TemplarGR also operates a successful youtube channel.
Doing a more Legion involved run and jesus, Caesar's philosophical rantings sound like half the people in our politics forum.
tenor.gif

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I can see why you split this colossal tangent from the main thread.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
My favorite playthrough was the Legion run. Leads to the best ending for New Vegas, honestly. TBH, I really liked both Caesar and Mr. House paths. They both treated you as a mentor would his protégé. You don't get that with other New Vegas paths. Like, the NCR path always felt really hollow. You don't have that cult of personality or whatever, and the Courier's loyalty to that path seemed kind of forced. Like, my canon ending would probably be the Mr. House ending. Always felt really bad
betraying him when you do

Anyways, Caesar did nothing wrong.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
My favorite playthrough was the Legion run. Leads to the best ending for New Vegas, honestly. TBH, I really liked both Caesar and Mr. House paths. They both treated you as a mentor would his protégé. You don't get that with other New Vegas paths. Like, the NCR path always felt really hollow. You don't have that cult of personality or whatever, and the Courier's loyalty to that path seemed kind of forced. Like, my canon ending would probably be the Mr. House ending. Always felt really bad

Somebody got a hard on for dictators and authoritarians I see.

My favorite ending is the Yes Man ending where you make him throw Oliver off the dam. CL path just suffers from a lack of content, especially compared to NCR. From a dev perspective it was clearly the smart choice to cut so much CL stuff as achievements have pretty conclusively shown it is overwhelmingly the least popular path to pursue, but it did make that playthrough feel pretty anemic.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
My favorite ending is the Yes Man ending where you make him throw Oliver off the dam. CL path just suffers from a lack of content, especially compared to NCR. From a dev perspective it was clearly the smart choice to cut so much CL stuff as achievements have pretty conclusively shown it is overwhelmingly the least popular path to pursue, but it did make that playthrough feel pretty anemic.

They're too blatantly evil for many to follow their path, which in some respect makes them poorly designed I suppose, as an option. Sawyer has talked about their better aspects on social media but very little of it is in the game and probably wouldn't justify them to many players anyway. Perhaps better to have made them Fallout 2's Enclave and not able to be joined, using those dev resources to enhance the other paths (or create a Brotherhood path).

It's really hard to make an enjoyable "evil" faction to join, in my experience. Somehow Bethesda managed it with the Dark Brotherhood, in a mainstream gamer sense at least. Key ingredient there seems to be lots of cheesy dialog to soften their edge.

Eastwood

Educated
Are there any (good) mods that flesh out the Legion? Maybe even adding content east of the Colorado, like originally planned?
Tried doing a Legion playthrough once, but the game really offers little incentive to do so, both from a narrative perspective, as well as contentwise.

Falksi

Arcane
Last week I tried doing this myself, and it was just such a ballache because of the amount of NCR locations which you encounter for a big chunk of the early-mid game.

The whole game leans hugely towards playing as the NCR. My fave run so far was joining no fucker.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Are there any (good) mods that flesh out the Legion? Maybe even adding content east of the Colorado, like originally planned?
Tried doing a Legion playthrough once, but the game really offers little incentive to do so, both from a narrative perspective, as well as contentwise.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60208

More quests, but no new settlement. It's nicely done with original voice acting.

vota DC

Augur
All DLC helps? I won only standard game years ago I am trying 1 intelligence, luck and charisma Goomba character, I guess
I shouldn't heal Caesar because my courier Is too stupid

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nope. Mr House is right.
I remember, I think, on NMA there was a huge debate on how Mr. House's path is a fantasy that will never work out. Read that whole thread. FML, I swear hardcore Fallout fans are fucking autists.

Even if his ideas wold't work. At least he is not a corrupt failed democracy(redundancy) or a bunch of guys who will only lasts until there are still resources left to plunder. He will have a solid "private city" in the middle of a failed world.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
All DLC helps?

I know the DLC has a couple Legion characters they spend a lot of time on, but I don't really feel like they add to a Legion playthrough much. I also think the DLC in general is pretty meh. Old World Blues has a lot of great writing in it but it's so overdone and goes on and on and on...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
All DLC helps?

I know the DLC has a couple Legion characters they spend a lot of time on, but I don't really feel like they add to a Legion playthrough much. I also think the DLC in general is pretty meh. Old World Blues has a lot of great writing in it but it's so overdone and goes on and on and on...

The unique DLC which is AWFUL IMO is dead money.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Some people like the survival horror aspect but yeah, I remember hating it too. Lonesome Road is like one big linear combat fest, which is probably the worst aspect of New Vegas. Honest Hearts probably works best with the gameplay and adds some to the Legion storyline and regional story, but I wouldn't say it's exciting content either.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Some people like the survival horror aspect but yeah, I remember hating it too. Lonesome Road is like one big linear combat fest, which is probably the worst aspect of New Vegas. Honest Hearts probably works best with the gameplay and adds some to the Legion storyline and regional story, but I wouldn't say it's exciting content either.

The DLC which added explosive .50 ammo for anti materiel rifle is the best one IMO.

None of the DLC are amazing, but I’ve always been confused that there isn’t a general consensus that DM>OWB>HH>LR.

Lonesome Road in particular is straight-up awful start to finish. Easily the worst thing MCA has ever been credited on, and I’m including Descent to Undermountain.

vota DC

Augur
Can I freely exit/enter from DLC zones? Lonesome Road door seems very near from starting location even before I reach Primm. But being stuck in high level zone at start of game can be dead sentence.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
You can come and go from Lonesome Road whenever you want. You can come and go from Old World Blues and Honest Hearts only once you've beaten them. You can't leave Dead Money during the DLC, and you can't return there once you've gone back to the Mojave.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom