Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
The Wheel has turned.

For ages, the Pantokrator has sat on his Thrones, giving order to the world.

But now, something has changed. Prayers go unanswered, the smoke of sacrifices rise to the Heavens without response or acknowledgement.

In the dark, ancient beings stir. In prisons, chains weaken. In the wild, old powers slowly reawaken. New beings seek the chance for ultimate power.

This is a new era: who will witness the Rise of the Pantokrator?

9n78zmo.jpg

Pardon the memery, hey, it's my first Dominions game in an eternity. That said, Dominions 6 is the new version of our favorite neurodiversity simulator: you are a God, willing to do everything to get the job of Supreme God (or Pantokrator) and you will lead one of many, many nations in an attempt to exterminate all opposition. If someone clicked on this thread, I presume he's going to already know what we're going to do.

So, I'm starting the thread early because I have time now and we can have a bit of time before the game drops. Some questions should be addressed:

- How we're going to host this: llamaserver (an older method, I hope it will get an update) or through Discord servers, where we will need someone with access (maybe Malakal ). Choose your preference.
- Age, if there are still ages. No, I did not keep up with development, why do you ask?
- Map. We will probably use one of the horrendous pregenerated Illwinter maps, but at least I hope there's some good wraparounds maps this time.

So, if you're interested, sign up, vote for the age/hosting system, and let's wait for release before starting to sperg about nations. I would not worry too much about skill levels: a new edition is a great leveler, and after all, the greatest magic school is always Diplomancy. Get in, and prepare to lose, for there is only one Pantokrator.

(Also I know it's not in the MP subforum but C'MON it's completely ded!)

EDIT: NATION LIST

coldcrow EA Abysia
Hag: EA Ubar
Dayyalu EA Agartha: Pale Ones
Optimist EA Marverni: Time of Druids
Berekän EA Helheim: Dusk And Death
Johannes Tien Chi: Spring and Autumn
sqeecoo EA Mekone: Brazen Giants
Malakal EA Ulm: Enigma of Steel
Catacombs EA Vanheim: Age of Vanir
Tanaka EA Pyrene: Kingdom of the Bekrydes
Bing Xi Lao EA Sauromatia: Amazon Queens
Popot EA Ur: The First City
Damned Registrations EA R'lyeh: Rise of the Aboleths

InD_ImaginE EA Kailasa: Rise of the Ape Kings​

http://ulm.illwinter.com/dom6/server/CodexGame.html

Last edited:

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sign me in. I voted Middle Age but really whatever will do for me.
As for the map, maybe some more experience player can dig a nice handmade MP one ?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yea sure I'm in, voting EA for the classic high magic low steel experience.

Llamaserver wil be dead for the update at the start obviously.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I have a good feeling about this!

I'm keen to see how will the troop-focused changes interact with usually magic-heavy EA, so my vote goes there. I'd like to preliminarily book Marv, but I'd like to first check out what the full nation list will be.

Also, I'm a big llama fan. No reason for this other than I'm now a crusty family man that enjoys things that I know, but hey

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I'm in. Would it be possible to delay starting the game by, say, a week to allow time to get the game?

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'm in. Would it be possible to delay starting the game by, say, a week to allow time to get the game?

We'll probably need a week to get everyone to pick nations, to design pretenders, to learn the new interface, to properly identify Sqeecoo as the primary menace and do diplomacy even before the game to dispose of him....

I don't think there will be problems if we start next Monday or a bit later. No need for Day 1, I guess.

EDIT: Also who's the other man that's a Late Age enjoyer, my brother ;_;

Dayyālu

Arcane
It's out! Rejoice!

Hag
Berekän
Malakal
sqeecoo
Johannes
Optimist
Tanaka
coldcrow
panzertoter
Catacombs

Eleven players, if we're all in, is a most respectable number. Sadly, the accursed Early Age won. If you are still in, there's now the nation pick and two extra choices:

Apparently, there's only randomly generated maps.... do we trust the generator? I'd say yes, for testing purposes. I'll fuck around with the generator to see what happens, we got caves now! I'll keep most Dom5-era settings as usual (Throne density and province number depending on players, is 15 still the gold standard?).

Do we want Underwater Nations?

I do, but I know people feel strongly about them.

I randomly generated the order for nation picking:

1. Hag
  2. coldcrow
  3. panzertoter
  4. Dayyalu
  5. Optimist
  6. Berekän
  7. Johannes
  8. sqeecoo
  9. Malakal
  10. Catacombs
  11. Tanaka

Hag, your turn!

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, let's roll with Ubar. Never played it before, so it'll be *fun*.
And I'm ok with underwater.

coldcrow you're next !

sqeecoo

Arcane
I haven't had time to even look at the spells, might have to hide in the water until I figure things out in this one...

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I haven't had time to even look at the spells, might have to hide in the water until I figure things out in this one...

Im picking after you and if you pick UW Im picking Pelagia and knifing you bitch.

If you first pick Pelagia then rot UW hahahahaha

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom