Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Don't be lazy, mods.

So couple of days ago my thread was dumped into retardo land, and first my thought was "WTF", because there was nothing wrong with the thread, it was about modes in ME3. Pretty soon I've discovered another thread where it was posted already, so now i know the reason why mine was "retardoed", and have nothing against it, except...

Was it really that hard to post link to the first thread in MY thread, BEFORE retardoing it, so that i could at least know what i did wrong? What if it was someone else, someone with shorter patience or worse logical thinking, do you really want threads like "FUCKIN MODS GIVE ME BACK MY THREAD" or "Decline of Codex" in GD, SF, or your precious GRPGD? If you don't, then do not provoke such acts with your laziness or simple arrogance.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
don't remember if it was me, but I usually write in threads or PM people reasons why.

I searched your history and found the thread. fucking poor effort with a stupid non-descript title by a month-old user (or alt). if it was in RPG discussion I would definitely have retardo'd it.

Good god Zed, get some rest from this website, you've lost your mind with all this "zomg alt invashun" and "Joined 2011". You are a mod, can't you just ask DarkUnderlord whether i am someone's alt or not?

"fucking poor effort" to do what? Some guy posted a thread (in General Gaming, btw) with that news already, nobody said a word about trolling to him. I didn't notice that thread, that's why i've posted mine. Seriously, RPG mode in RPG...

"stupid non-descriptive" wow, stupid is now an argument. Concerning non-descriptive, there is no such rule here, don't lie.

if it was in RPG discussion I would definitely have retardo'd it.
It was in GRPGD, but there is nothing in your argumentation that would justify that "definitely". But you could do that anyway, without any justification, i am perfectly aware of that.

Shitposter
Or we could just leave it all alone and just retardo the really stupid threads instead of having mods clean up after us based on what they think is good/bad. Who gives a shit about duplicate threads. So what if the same discussion is happening in two different threads. If the duplicate thread is generating discussion, keep it there. Whatever. Who cares. This is not something we should be worrying about. If the mods really want to help they can start with banning hoopy and other idiots polluting GeeDee.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I'm ok with having any thread about games made by either EA or Activision retardo'd.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Was Cloaked Faggot the Lebanese guy? Wasn't he the one considering himself an Oriental European?

Considering OE's butthurt at being an alt and CF's support of his alt, my suspicions from the first time I read the name seem to turn out to be correct.

OT: I'm for merging, too.

Cassidy

Arcane
Only one account per user and all alts being put in their place would be the incline of inclines.

Jason

chasing a bee
On a SRS note, I think it would be a good idea if - in the event of duplicate threads etc. - there was an established policy of merging rather than retardo'ing the offending threads (assuming there are more than a handful of replies).
Not an option with the software. We can split posts off of a thread into a new thread, but not into an existing thread.

As to the OP, I'm not going to bother explaining why I retardo'd a retarded thread, but it's fair to ask that we leave a note in the case of non-retarded retardoing (duplicate thread, request from KC's mom, etc).

Personally, I don't care about threads on the same topic and only recall retardoing ones that were actually duplicate (same user, same OP, etc).

spekkio

Arcane
Cassidy said:
Only one account per user and all alts being put in their place would be the incline of inclines.
But how to do this taking proxies into consideration?

You have to post your photo with your genitals visible and a 'RPGCodex is for fags' sign to be able to register?

:?

Cassidy

Arcane
spekkio said:
Cassidy said:
But how to do this taking proxies into consideration?

You have to post your photo with your genitals visible and a 'RPGCodex is for fags' sign to be able to register?

:?

Just doing an IP check to ensure an account isn't an alt when created already increases the amount of effort needed for creating alts, thus ensuring far less people will be motivated to do it and that the most retarded among them will be too dumb for it or not have the will for it. Same reason why the Internet was less retarded back when you needed to know how to code HTML to upload your content in it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You don't have to check IP. Drog and Bryce say the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

You don't have to be a JPL rocket scientist to figure it out.

spekkio

Arcane
True dat. But I think that the most annoying trolls here are guys with some (?) technical knowledge AND assburgers syndrome: Andy, Drog, Prospa' etc.

But alt-free Codex would be heavan indeed.

:troll:

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Andhaira... with technical knowledge of something? :retarded:

wait what I can't delete my posts here why is that?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You can't delete your posts once someone else has replied to the thread.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Cloaked Figure said:
Shannow said:
Was Cloaked Faggot the Lebanese guy? Wasn't he the one considering himself an Oriental European?

Considering OE's butthurt at being an alt and CF's support of his alt, my suspicions from the first time I read the name seem to turn out to be correct.

OT: I'm for merging, too.

Yea because I'm scared of telling my opinion to you faggots, I need to make an alt. Lol. Don't flatter yourself bitch if the OP was me I would have posted it under this moniker. I have said more controversial things before than "why wuz my thread retardo lol?".
So you don't want to stop being the village idiot and being called "cloaked faggot". Good to know.
(Just kidding. We all know you want to be called "oriental faggot" ;))

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
They'll soon get bored when their shitfagging gets them banned and they're hit with a minimum 6 month wait before they can do it again. Shape up or fuck off as it were.

You've got psycho's like knightrider who'll try anything, but that's mental illness for you. Better him furiously trying to enter the codex rather than be out in the world...molesting children or something.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
The deal with account activation is retarded. Does much more evil than good and to work with some effectiveness it has requirements this place doesn't pass
Xor said:
You can't delete your posts once someone else has replied to the thread.
No, the delete button doesn't show here anymore, regardless of replies... testing now to see if it's still like that

edit: it is still not showing here, but it shows in GD... I remember it not showing in other forums before, though... probably a deliberate move by the admins, if it wasn't like this all along

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Just make posting in /gd/ almost impossible. It's the place that attracts all the attention whores, spammers, neo nazis, and trolls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom