Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DoomRL

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Anyone else play this? Got back into it recently. They've added some interesting stuff since last I played, divided the uniques into uniques and 'exotics' which are less powerful but more common and can be modded. Did some rebalancing as well. Just finished a couple runs I'd never done before (Didn't have access until recently) Ao100 and AoMC, both very fun. Going to try some more challenges out to work on my silver badges. LoS rules with shotguns keeps pissing me off, I hope they release a fix for it sometime soon.

Topher

Cipher
Yeah, I love this game. It gives me some trouble on win7 though. I can't run it full screen and it doesn't always want to load.

Stabwound

Arcane
It's a pain in the ass with 64-bit Vista/Win7 in that it won't full screen, like Topher mentioned. There are some work arounds but it's still a pain in the ass

Topher

Cipher
Stabwound said:
It's a pain in the ass with 64-bit Vista/Win7 in that it won't full screen, like Topher mentioned. There are some work arounds but it's still a pain in the ass

Got any links to those work-arounds, I could use them.

Multi-headed Cow

I am a big baby but I'm still happy that I managed to beat this once.
doomrlwin2.jpg

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Just got my strongman silver badge. Kind of fun playing without all the gear or trying to kill/explore the whole level. Games go much faster. Might try for shottyman badge next, though I don't see how it's viable without getting a unique or exotic shotgun. Everything lategame just laughs at shotguns, and reloading isn't something you have time for.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Interesting. Should check new version. DoomRL is the great game.

Good roguelike, esp. nostalgic SFX and music. It's quite simple to learn, but very enjoyable. And "simple to learn" doesn't mean "simple to play", game is quite challenging.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom