Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Double Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE - Released... but nobody cares

almondblight

Arcane
Spiked defensive armor...where the defensive spikes only pop out after you've been hit, then go away the next turn:

tumblr_n0892om7WN1syjjzpo1_1280.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Why make an armor that protects you better only after being hit? What is the problem they have with helmets? This thing looks silly as hell.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Why make an armor that protects you better only after being hit? What is the problem they have with helmets? This thing looks silly as hell.

One of the mec trooper abilities in XCOM EW is minor damage reduction for all subsequent hits after the first one and lasts for a couple turns. Can save your mec pretty often in the early game

That is indeed an awesome ability. I explained it away in my head as a power-management feature. Since it only lasts a limited amount of time, why would a Mec have it active at all times and just use it up? So it just triggers when they take fire, and since Mec troopers have a ton of hitpoints it's not really a big deal if the first shot hits. Especially with that automatic repair perk.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The gameplay section of that (about halfway through the build) was mildly interesting. Not enough to sell me on the game, but good to see there is an actual game being made. The combat looked like nu-xcom, which I didn't care for. The whole having to install your troops as regents to breed more heroes was mildly interesting though. If properly fleshed out (think CK2) it could be fun. Especially if regent families could feud and you'd have to deal with idiocy if you sent feuding offspring off on a mission. I doubt that will be the case though.

I wasn't overly fond of the graphics. But I guess they are placeholder still.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Loved the idea of their pitch but withdrew my pledge as it seemed more and more like they never had more than an interesting idea before starting their Kickstarter. Glad I did just that. Even for very early footage it looks decidedly uninspired and meh. I really got the distinct impression that there wasn't a whole lot of thought put into both the strategic and tactical layer of the game.

Borelli

Arcane
I greatly dislike them being influenced by nu x-com. Max 5 heroes in one mission is just decline.
In other news i heard the word cadence which they used to describe the enemy for the first time in my life. A new english word for me to learn, how exciting! To wiktionary!
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cadence
Noun
cadence (countable and uncountable, plural cadences)

The act or state of declining or sinking.
cadence.png

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I thought it was interesting their idea that melee characters can psned all their actions points moving AND still do a melee attack, as some sort of charge. Can't recall any other game doing this as a default condition.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I thought it was interesting their idea that melee characters can psned all their actions points moving AND still do a melee attack, as some sort of charge. Can't recall any other game doing this as a default condition.

I think melee in Shadowrun Returns works this way?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Congratulations, backers, you've backed an Xbone exclusive :troll:
(backers are still getting it first for pc)

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Does Double Fine still have any credit left? They seem to be tearing down what they got with Stacking and Costume Quest.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I thought you were joking.

Then I realized that this is Double Fag we're talking about.

In an email to backer's project lead Brad Muir said, "We thought we'd kick out a quick update to clear up any confusion that this might cause. Nothing has changed with our plans to bring Massive Chalice to the PC and to make it available for our backers first. Yeah! During this time we'll be porting the game to the Xbox One. As soon as we're done porting the game, we'll launch it as a console exclusive on Xbox One. We're super stoked to have this additional support in giving Massive Chalice the next-gen console treatment!"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...box-one-exclusive-wont-affect-pc-release.aspx

I don't even... yeah, no point in making fun of retards.

Durwyn

Prophet
I wonder how the knowledge that it would have a consolized (obviously crippled) gameplay and UI, would have impacted the kickstarter campaign. Now we will never know.

Hahahahahaha, bitches who paid monyz for this shit.

Also, Broken Age.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom