Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age 2 = Best gaem ever, 60$, DRM included

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jools said:
BTW, does anyone else find that emo-hair is completely out of place in a high fantasy setting, and moreover they totally clash with the beard?

Hey man, it's cool in Arcania so well, er......

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
commie said:
Jools said:
BTW, does anyone else find that emo-hair is completely out of place in a high fantasy setting, and moreover they totally clash with the beard?

Hey man, it's cool in Arcania so well, er......

Arcania's haircut is moar like something out of the 80's, it's got that LukeSkywalker look to it. And at least it's not paired with a beard, so I find it slightly less disturbing: probably the least disturbing thing about the whole game.

DA2, on the other hand... grrrr... very picture of Hawke I see makes me see red and feel the rage swelling up.

Eurogamer said:
BioWare fantasy role-playing game Dragon Age 2 has a whopping 103 minutes of cutscenes.

The impressive figure was revealed by the BBFC, which has given the game its expected 18-rating certificate for "strong bloody violence".

Dragon Age 2's 103 minutes of cutscenes eclipses Killzone 3's 70 minutes worth, revealed by the BBFC earlier this month.

Dragon Age 2 was cleared for release with no cuts made.

Its age rating comes as no surprise. Dragon Age was a particularly gory role-player. After combat blood would remain on armour and clothing – which made for some hilarious cutscenes.
(source)

Project: Eternity
Eurogamer said:
After combat blood would remain on armour and clothing – which made for some hilarious cutscenes.

This was the absolute stupidest idea ever, and it made really clear how the DA designers had no clue how to get "grimdark" a la George R. R. Martin's books into a video game. I turned it off after the very first cutscene where the PC was standing there looking like he/she just slaughtered a pig with a chainsaw.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Freelance Henchman said:
Eurogamer said:
After combat blood would remain on armour and clothing – which made for some hilarious cutscenes.

This was the absolute stupidest idea ever, and it made really clear how the DA designers had no clue how to get "grimdark" a la George R. R. Martin's books into a video game. I turned it off after the very first cutscene where the PC was standing there looking like he/she just slaughtered a pig with a chainsaw.
That blood effect only deserves a facepalm. I was like "are you fucking kidding me?" I killed a small animal, and my whole party was covered with blood from tip to toe. Who thought that this was a good idea? Maybe Bioware couldn't think of any other way, to make their game mature and dark, so they increased the blood level.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I don't see why you're complaining, FH.

In the real world when you chop someone up with a machete, you get blood all over your face.

nz3gqq.jpg

If anything, DA is just ahead of the curve, realism-wise.

Exmit

Scholar
racofer said:
I don't see why you're complaining, FH.

In the real world when you chop someone up with a machete, you get blood all over your face.

nz3gqq.jpg

If anything, DA is just ahead of the curve, realism-wise.

oh_you.jpg

xemous

Arcane
Stainless Veteran said:
Even more funny that retards on bioforums fully support that travesty, and are snickering at the Witcher 2 for not having the DRM

these slaves have never tasted freedom.

Wild Slop

Arcane
my what a crudely done gif

Roguey said:
Nael said:
Bullshit. Computer games used to be made by drug addled authors and monomaniacal madmen for geeks. NOW we have games made by geeks for geeks. It's a circle jerk of inanity.
I wouldn't say they're "for geeks" I mean you can't reach 10 million sales targeting just geeky people, you need to expand, RPGs are too inaccessible and need a larger fanbase says this guy:
romances.gif

"Push a button, something awesome happens." Like a midlife crisis.

*fi-

umm

sorry

Shannow

Waster of Time
DraQ said:
UndetectedButthurt said:
Bros I'll only play if there are dragon romances.
Hmmm...
Must... resist... the... bioware... popamole.
:x
Resist, my scaly friend. Otherwise you'll download the shapeshifter mod that gives dragon shape, make sweet love to Morrigan and LARP that you do so while you're both in dragon form...
And thus, you'd throw away all the KKKs you've accumulated over the last years.

DraQ

Arcane
Shannow said:
DraQ said:
UndetectedButthurt said:
Hmmm...
Must... resist... the... bioware... popamole.
Resist, my scaly friend. Otherwise you'll download the shapeshifter mod that gives dragon shape, make sweet love to Morrigan and LARP that you do so while you're both in dragon form...
And thus, you'd throw away all the KKKs you've accumulated over the last years.
:rage:

Codex... give me strength... Let me... resist... the... :decline:

Wild Slop

Arcane
UndetectedButthurt said:
You are in for a treat then, oh roleplayer.
I have it on good authority that it is impossible to completely avoid.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
racofer said:

GTFO with that nipple-less woman.

dryad.jpg

(but really, that girl from DA looks like her tits have no nipples, they should've made her hair longer to actually cover the whole breasts; this way she just looks anatomically incomplete)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom