Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon age 2 Opinions Threadpoll

How did you liked DA2

• Pretty much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better than DAO

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Worse than DAO

• They re both good

• They re both crap

• Check the grammar

• Total voters

Exmit

Scholar
:lol:

Prosper age

racofer

Thread Incliner
Yea, I've noticed that. Not the excess gore, I mean the oblivious npcs walking right next to your epic encounters with dozens of foes, and they just walk through the battlefield as if nothing is happening.

Either shoddy programing from Bioware or the inhabitants of Kirkwall are all Africans.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
INKkS.jpg

wSvIO.jpg

Such dazzling visuals, Bioware must be proud. :thumbsup:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Of the dungeons, there's exactly 1 cellar map, 1 tunnel map, 1 sewer map, 1 manor map, 1 cave map and 1 coast map reused for almost all the quests in the game, even the main story quests, so far, and I think I'm nearing the end-game.

They don't even bother to retexture the level.

I heard it was bad but I didn't think they'd be that bad. It's worse than Mass Effect - at least there the copy-pasta was mostly limited to the side quests.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
treave said:
Of the dungeons, there's exactly 1 cellar map, 1 tunnel map, 1 sewer map, 1 manor map, 1 cave map and 1 coast map reused for almost all the quests in the game, even the main story quests, so far, and I think I'm nearing the end-game.

Now now, just get the Map Variety Pack DLC for $11.99 and you'll be able to see all kinds of exciting new environments!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Turisas said:
treave said:

Now now, just get the Map Variety Pack DLC for $11.99 and you'll be able to see all kinds of exciting new environments!

The sad thing is it would actually sell and Biofans would praise Bioware for "supporting the game after release".

Well, same thing happened with Bethsoft DLCs so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Konjad said:
Pretty said:
Also iam sad with metacritics scores of DA2 ( ~ 30). This game deserves much better. I hate raging fanboys, they cant tell a good game from a bad one.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii

:salute:

PS3 user reviews are .2 less than the PC ones. Is the PS3 more hardcore than the PC nowadays?

It was amusing to refresh the score a few times last night and see it steadily drop point by point though.

PrettyDeadman

I am not a troll, I really meant what i said.
The game is pretty good. Though your opinions may vary depending on your tastes (say, i dont like PS:T, but i wont call it shit because of this) this game deserves a better reception. I mean, c'mon friggin mass effect 2 has a highscore of ~9.0 (8.5 ps3, 8,9 pc and 9.0 xbox), and i am talking about users score. Well, if i remember correctly ME2 had the same situation at start (quite low userscores), but it improved, well se what will come out of this.

PrettyDeadman

Iam tired of retardo ragefanboys giving games they dont liek 0's and 1's and 2's and 3's and badmouthing them. Wtf guys.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pretty said:
Iam tired of retardo ragefanboys giving games they dont liek 0's and 1's and 2's and 3's and badmouthing them. Wtf guys.

Yeah, man, wtf. Why do people give negative scores for a games they don't like? :retarded:

PrettyDeadman

Konjad said:
Pretty said:

Yeah, man, wtf. Why do people give negative scores for a games they don't like? :retarded:
Only retards give games they dont like scores of 0-3 just because they dont like them. A normal non mentally unstable infantile person even if he doesnt like the game still will try to be objective and give the game score it deserves. He will give a good game a good score and a bad game a bad score. Thats what scoring is about. And if you dont like the game - write about it (you can write, yes?). Your personal tastes shouldnot have anything to do with scoring.
Because of people like you free internet score systems are doomed - some retardo gives a game he likes 10, that 10 more retardo got butthurted and start giving game they odnt like 0's and 1's, thatn even more retardos start giving this game 10's. This makes me sick. And noone understand how bad that is. Be friggin obective for gods sake.

Ladonna

Arcane
If those positive user reviews on metacritic are not shills, I have never seen one.

This is the worst... First Person Shooter ever. BUT IT IS THE BEST RPG EVER! Dragon Age 2 is absolutely phenomenal in every single way. I bought it and I still can't put it down. It is a brilliant technical accomplishment by BioWare, and is easily one of their best games. BioWare never fails to impress, and Dragon Age 2 is no different. Don't listen to the people saying that it has been dumbed down - there is a new (arguably better) graphical style, the conversation wheel allows for more engaging dialogue, and the combat is just as deep (if a bit easier) than it was in Origins. The PC engine runs great, and if you download the hi-res texture patch from the Dragon Age 2 patches section of the BioWare site, an already good looking game will look even better. Basically, GO AND BUY THIS GAME NOW.…

Yeah right :roll:

So realistic.

Those magazine reviewers have taken a gigantic credibility hit too. I wonder what the editors/writers think when they look at the metacritic site? How small would you feel? That money must be burning holes in pockets at the moment.

edit: wait theres more

Really a 9.5-10 but Curved to a 10 due to how amazing it really is, only reason a 9.5 is due to having to download the high res pack to use DX11 to its fullest, but it is TOTALLY worth it, maybe it should come in game as an in game download! but seperate download is not bad at all! I am confused as to why it shows 12 negative red scores when I only see 2. (Which seem to be trolling spam people who never played the game). I am only 3 hours in, and this is from my favorite RPG developer BIoware. Dragon Age is one of my all time favorites, Mass Effect 2 also being one of my all time favorites. Basically DA2 feels like a pure breed of Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age, creating an amazing synergy - a possible Game of the YEAR contender. if your card is a DX11 card such as an nvidia 400+ series as I just purchased the new 250$ DX11 Nvidia 560 Ti which is an amazingly powerful card with 2 fans and 2 heat sinks. ~ High resolution texture pack *An official bioware release for PC gamers only, showing PC gamer love* - everything on maximum looks incredible, I play in 1920x1080 and turned Vsync off and my FPS flies while everything is 16x16x,Very High, Blur on, Occlusion on, and another option I do not recall. For combat I added all the damage numbers to turn on and the voices to add text. Narration is perfect, story telling is the best in an RPG even if the story is amazing it is not quite as good as Origins, although the engaging combat is 50 times better (and I adore Origins), the characters are VERY interesting and engaging *Loving Verric and I just got a 2 hand using Elf warrior.. excellent damage esp with the Pre-order 2 hander!!* This game may be Game Of The Year once the trolls stop trolling, and just except the game as a real improvement on the original in everything EXCEPT overall plot, (story telling is innovative and amazing). This is EASILY a 9.5-10 from a fan perspective, should be an easy 9.0-9.5 from most reviewers. an 85 at the moment is alright, hopefully it will raise to 89-92ish to average out better, as even some reviewers are "Slightly dissapointed after origins" but then claim What an amazing game it is with amazing mechanics. Reviews for DA2 need to be as a GAME, not as the GAME that is the sequel to DA:o (even in that respect I still give it a 9.5-10.0) - Yes it was hyped, but it really does live up to every bit of hype the game had. Trust me, I'm 35 years old and have been playing RPG's since days of WASTELAND (The REAL first Fallout, had so many skills and amazing things to do, but was extremely hard, the developers (some) went on to make fallout many years later, and some of those dev's made New Vegas and added a few throw back references to wasteland) and Dragon Age origins satisfies both my Tactical Old School RPG needs AND my action game needs. --- now I don't need to play an RPG for my role-playing or an action game to get a breath of fresh air --- its all right here! THIS is a perfect combo. Buy it, you will NOT regret it. Don't wait for the price to drop unless you only slightly like RPG's. if you are an RPG gamer (any style from Jrpg to sandbox rpg to MMO) you OWE it to yourself to buy and dig into this fantastic world and game.…

That is my new favourite shill. Can anyone count how many buttons are pushed in this one?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pretty said:

Because it's crap Prettyboy! I looked through many of those comments and they actually are pointing out specific game flaws not just "This game suxs!!"

Can we hope that Bioware screwed up (code word for streamlined) this game so much that the backlash could cause an :incline: ?!!!!!

PrettyDeadman

mindx2 said:
Can we hope that Bioware screwed up (code word for streamlined) this game so much that the backlash could cause an :incline: ?!!!!!
That is unlikely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom