Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age diffculty

Technomancer

Liturgist
Shapeshifter
With fixes he is busted too I think. In awakening you can stack + healing received items (+125% max) and swarm your way through everything because of vampiric healing. Swarm uses mana as health so one would need Stoic passive from battlemage spec too. Works even better with Keeper.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
You can also break shapeshifter just with extreme spellpower builds. A shapeshifter with over 200 spellpower (yes, this is doable in the base campaign) will have outrageous stats, but to be fair, extreme spellpower breaks just about everything that scales with spellpower. If Spider Shape gets dex to damage then a pure dex Mage will demolish enemies in Spider Shape while being generally impossible to hit (with defense scores becoming absolutely fucking retarded if you throw in Heroic Defense and Glyph of Warding). Pure strength Mages can also use Bear Form to Slam and Overwhelm for massive damage.

Semiurge

Cipher
I did an ultimate edition playthrough (2/3 of the way before I quit) with a mage and misusing all the overpowered items on nightmare. The key with a mage PC is to pick the fun spells like virulent walking bomb and animated dead. Mana clash seemed boring despite its power so I never picked it.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Lol, Dragon Age difficulty, fabled oxymoron. Takes me back to my epiphany from DA Inquisition. I was a knight enchanter. My party had all died except me. I was fighting a dragon, on nightmare difficulty. I had some kind of lazer sword ability, with a hotkey on keyboard, plus mouse click obviously. There I was, soloing a fucking dragon, button mashing to max out the cooldowns on my realtime attacks. It was then that it hit me, I hate RPGs. At least, what we now know as RPGs. The world had changed, and I was living in the past. A filthy neanderthal searching the heavens for dead gods.
Dude, you're playing Inquisition and making that comment. Sounds more like you are a huge fan of the series. I liked DA: O, but I wouldn't be caught dead playing Inquisition or 2.

Well I skipped 2 but thought they may have learned from all the awful feedback and improved Inquisition. Unfortunately not.

Sykar

Arcane
Let us see if you can finish a certain area so infamous that it haunted later installments of the series:
7ad136e0dbb0b040807d34a9524ad0d3.jpg

:troll:

purupuru

Learned
Deep Roads are fine. You are warned that it's gonna be a long and treacherous journey and that's basically what it is, if anything it's not as long or as dangerous as it should be.
Haven is way worse. I went in there thinking I'll just clear the basement and get the heck out of there and...Yikes.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I dont know, been working a lot these days, and at the same time, I wanna play a rpg in my free time. Since Im usually braindead after finishing work, no PF Kingamker for instance, and DA:O seems like a perfect fit for a light, formulaic, sorta silly RPG with some cool aspects.

You don't have to justify yourself to edgelords bro, it's a fine game and was Codex game of the year when it came out, and is 43 on our top 100.

The sequels on the other hand...

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
You don't have to justify yourself to edgelords bro, it's a fine game and was Codex game of the year when it came out, and is 43 on our top 100.

Dragon Age Origins is an objectively mediocre game. Codexers were caught up to the mainstream hype, that's all. I didn't even like it back when it came out, i was expecting a Baldur's Gate spiritual sequel and was very dissappointed.

A horse of course

I dont know, been working a lot these days, and at the same time, I wanna play a rpg in my free time. Since Im usually braindead after finishing work, no PF Kingamker for instance, and DA:O seems like a perfect fit for a light, formulaic, sorta silly RPG with some cool aspects.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/dragon-age-e3-trailer.33230/

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/dragon-age-review-by-cda-scans.36844/

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/dragon-age-reviews-now-da-o-vs-the-witcher.39090/

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/official-rpgcodex-consensus-on-da.38391/

The only retards fellating Dragon Age were Wyrmlord (Poo), Trash (Crackhead), Vault Dweller (Fascist), Konjad (CCP Stooge), Vaarna (Misogynist), Grunker (No. 1 BOrigins Shill on the Codex) and Volourn (Post-Ironic Metahumourist). You fail to mention that the poll was hijacked by seething blobber oldfags who voted for DA: O as a false flag op to discredit BG2 fans. You also deliberately concealed the fact that the poll consisted of less than 200 votes, and the Yuropoor vote was split that year due to multiple Eurojank tax breaks. People with good taste (such as Skyway) were shitting on the MMO button rotation combat and copypasta trashmobs long before it became trendy to do so. Comparisons to Oblivion and Fallout 3 as quality milestones were rife.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Dragon Age Origins is an objectively mediocre game. Codexers were caught up to the mainstream hype, that's all. I didn't even like it back when it came out, i was expecting a Baldur's Gate spiritual sequel and was very dissappointed.

Any time you're expecting a new game to be just like an old game you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Nothing is ever objectively mediocre of course, but am I saying it is some amazing 10 out of 10 game? No, but it's solid. Too many trash mobs, that cheesy Bioware writing sometimes, but overall it's an enjoyable game. Obviously many agree since it's ranked at #43 here, above games like Icewind Dale 2, Neverwinter Nights, Witcher 2, Prey and many more which get talked about more positively. People just like to piss in Bioware's cereal.

raesha

Educated
There's no challenge to be found in DA:O once an Arcane Warrior build gets going.

v1rus

Arcane
There's no challenge to be found in DA:O once an Arcane Warrior build gets going.

Even sooner imho. Challenge stopped after beating the first main quest. Since then, Ive pretty much been running around with my PC exploring and looting while auto-pilot NPCs beat everything to pulp. On nightmare diffculty.

Now, on my status report - almost finished the game. Duel with Loghaine time. Did all sidequests in the game. Got almost all codex entries too - 2 missed in ostragar, 1 in warden dlc, and 3-4 ones about Dalish from some storyteller mofo bugged out.

Also missing some codex from controls, some new and interesting concepts of "levleing up" and "party" judging by the wiki. I wonder when those two are going to get introduced.

Oh, didnt do return to Ostragar yet, waiting for Loghaine to do it with him.

Now, I really dont know what to think about the game. Theres lots that is wrong with it, and boy, do I mean lots. OTOH, I literally spent every single hour of the past five days playing it. Was planning on doing full series play through, but Im so burnt out i doubt Ill be doing Awakening. Also, new gig starting next week, and pubs should start working, so no way in hell to make this kind of binge runs.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Awakening is absolutely broken anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom