Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Byzantine colors hijacked.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Devs themselves said they based Tevinter on Byzantium...which means that elves are a closest local equivalent of mislims and solas is a pointy-eared mohammed

Dayyālu

Arcane
Devs themselves said they based Tevinter on Byzantium...which means that elves are a closest local equivalent of mislims and solas is a pointy-eared mohammed

I played ages ago Dragon Age Origins and I liked the Tevinter idea, a magocracy holding with tooth and nail and blood and cruelty everything at bay with clear Byzantine influences was right up my alley.

Then some years later I randomly checked and apparently the new lore states that Tevinter stole everything from the Elves and the Elves genocided themselves and never lost a war against the humans that merely thought that they genocided the elves or something but again the humans are still at fault but they didn't create anything they merely stole from the Elvish kangz and it was too retarded to even fully comprehend.

Also, as a northern Italian this was bloody hilarious:

27pMs3Q.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treviso

Can we call it out on racism? I mean, taking a real city with 90k people and putting it randomly in your fantasy setting because you can't even google search seems pretty racist to me, also they aren't Italian so it's even cultural appropriation

Jorus

Educated
Pretty sure the muslim equivalent are the Qunari. I recall David Gayderino saying that elves are inspired by native americans and jews.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Qunari should've been left a mystery culture, first and foremost. Only known through various accounts, or you could read about them in books and have Sten tell you more about their culture, beliefs and so on...
As it stands, I find the Qunari to be rather dumb.

Camel

Scholar
What’s left of BioWare fans are pessimistic on Youtube and Bsnboards are pretty much dead.

9ted6

Educated
Then some years later I randomly checked and apparently the new lore states that Tevinter stole everything from the Elves and the Elves genocided themselves and never lost a war against the humans that merely thought that they genocided the elves or something but again the humans are still at fault but they didn't create anything they merely stole from the Elvish kangz and it was too retarded to even fully comprehend.
Anything that was even the least bit interesting about DA's world has been scrapped in favor of either elves doing everything or hey look gay people.

They pulled a similar retcon with the Qunari wars. Reading about it in DAO's codex sounded fucking cool. Hulking Qunari with cannons squaring up against united Chantry armies, so many combatants being slain that they could make a mountain out of them, both sides fighting tooth and nail and sacrificing brave soldiers only for the Chantry to win the day.

In Inquisition it was changed to the Chantry rolling into occupied Qunari lands and killing every civilian they found including chantry members to make the Qunari, who are now peaceloving educators, got very sad and left without a fight so the Chantry would stop murdering people. There was no war, no desperation, no mutual heroics, just the Chantry going psycho and the Qunari going pacifist.

They even threw in a Qunari magic weapon just so in the description they could specify its wielder was a female Qunari warrior, impossible by DAO's lore, and to say the knight who killed her claimed falsely that she'd bashed in the heads of his men. Female Qunari hippy with a decorative club claimed by the evil Chantry patriarchy.

Last edited:

Sacibengala

Prophet
BG3 won the only award that matters, people. Including the most depraved character award. Now is the time to show them who's the all time boss of degeneracy, Bioware. I know you can show them!

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I still don't understand your major beef with Baldur's Gate 1 and 2...
  • Execrable RTwP combat, copied from RTS popamole, that is far worse than either turn-based or real-time combat
  • Poor exploration
  • The worst D&D/AD&D campaign setting
  • Companion romances
Bioware was decline from the start.
Greyhawk is one of the best settings and would've made for a better campaign, I agree, but I still think that's way too harsh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom