Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age is teh hard

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Jade Empire is piss easy simply because of the jump button being a game breaker. Just jump behind an enemy, combo the fucker, and then when he turns around jump behind him again and repeat.

That's all you need to do to win any fight, you don't really need to even improve any other fighting styles, your starter is more than adequate.

The only enemy in the game that can actually put up a fight are the elepahnt demons you fight early in the game but even they become easy by halfway through the game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"KOTOR? Yes, but at least you do slightly more than press a button to win. NWN2 OC, you do significantly more."

No.

KOTOR is easier than JE. This is FACT.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
The games themselves are proof enough. KOTOR is easier. Period.

oscar

Arcane
KOTOR is easier in that it's battles involve slightly less thought. Jade Empire as said earlier just jump around alot and no one can land a blow on you.

Talonfire

Scholar
oscarisaiah said:
KOTOR is easier in that it's battles involve slightly less thought. Jade Empire as said earlier just jump around alot and no one can land a blow on you.

Well in Jade Empire you don't really have to put any thought into combat at all. I finished the entire game on normal without using any special abilities. Admittedly I haven't tried Jade Master mode.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Well in Jade Empire you don't really have to put any thought into combat at all."

More than KOTOR. No doubt about it.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I breezed through JE for the most part, but the end boss kept chain stunning me, killing me before I could do anything. I think I died twice to him...it was pretty frustrating, especially since you have to do that retarded mindscape scene again.

Never played KOTOR.

Talonfire

Scholar
Volourn said:
"Well in Jade Empire you don't really have to put any thought into combat at all."

More than KOTOR. No doubt about it.

Debatable, some people found KotOR difficult. I personally didn't, the only force power I ever used was Heal and even that was used sparingly. Generally I could just spam Critical Strike or Power Attack and breeze through the game.

visions

Arcane
Swoop-racing wasn't obligatory though. Okay, there was that one obligatory swoop-race, but that was piss-easy.

Jade Empire was harder than KOTOR, or at least much more tedious. Though I guess if you're in to twitch games and suck at powergaming, you could find KOTOR harder.

Both of them were rather easy, though, and TSL was ridiculously so, since you get so much good loot everywhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom