Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it worth the misery of having to play as mage for it's final augment? It's tempting like sucking a dick for a billion dollars. Just not sure I could live with myself afterward.
you already fucked a cat. after this anything is a fair game.
I'm using mental gymnastics to cope. If you really think about it technically it's fine because she's like 99% human. I only fucked like 1% cat if that.
Any % cat just makes you a furry dude. One drop rule and all that.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Also its a cool place to look at, local architecture works nicely with canyons and valleys, it reminds me of a mix of ethiopian stone churches and ancient pajeet temples, shame that Bakbattahl is mostly just a bunch of inhabited caves so architecture is not used to its full potential.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
big monsters you've killed decomposing over time
:shredder:

Well that's just fucking awesome
I was wondering about that. At one point, fairly early into the game, I stumbled across a dead and rotting Cyclops on a beach. I assumed it was just part of the landscape for like atmospheric details or whatever. But there was a Griffin flying around in close proximity to that area killing NPCs and shit. I wonder if the Griffin killed it while I was away doing other shit. It's an interesting possibilty. It's difficult to tell what's scripted and what's not.

I'm fairly certain the Cyclops fighting the Drake in Ancient Battlegrounds is scripted because my mom said she witnessed the same thing when she got there.

Any % cat just makes you a furry dude. One drop rule and all that.
I didn't know she was part cat. If you bang a convincing tranny not knowing it's a tranny, does that make you gay?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

>Helldivers 2 and Hi-Fi Rush took nearly 1500 to make, despite being niche AA games
>Starslop took nearly 4000 and 5 years to be shatted out and Spider-Man 2 took 3500 despite being a near copy-paste of the prequel

xsohs7.png

Man just what the fuck is wrong with this industry
No wonder everyone is shitting their pants that this shit might implode this year

For comparasion Skyrim's development took roughly 100 people...

I find the claim, that 392 people are involved in a game's development is somehow a testament to the efficiency/ingeniuity of the staff, incredibly funny.
Some of the best computer games were made by order of magnitude smaller teams.

If anything, it just shows how crazy bloated the other development teams are...
Completely agree most big dev teams are bloated
But we also can't compare the requirements for AAA game dev in the early 2000's to the requirements of nowadays (let alone those of the early 90s)
Elden Ring was similarly made by some 300 people and Baldur's Gate 3 by 400
This seems to be the miminum amount to competently make a AAA game today

Last edited:
When you look at the credits on Moby Games, the amount of developers that actually work at Tango Gameworks that worked on Hi-Fi Rush is something like 115 people. And the first year of that game’s development was basically 2 people.

Reinhardt

Arcane
hydra just explained to me i was overconfident. no one even bothered to attack head when she ate me... WE CAN KILL GOBURINS AND COLLECT LOOT! FUCK ARISEN!

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Man, the lack of a proper post-game is really hurting my overall enjoyment with this game.

Game is great until you reach LVL 50, and have levelled up some of your vocations and gear, and then it's mostly just a cake walk without any form of a challenge. You can grind for certain post-game items, but it's not engaging as it was in Dark Arisen. Enemies are easy, grindable post-game items are fixed without any form of randomness like the BBI LVL 3 items, and the timer is really annoying. It's definitely a great game for one playthrough, since the world is super fun to explore, but if you want to go beyond that (you can level up to LVL 999! But why the fuck would you?), it becomes really really boring.

They had the "perfect" formula with Bitter Black Isle, but didn't make use of it (DLC-bait, I know, but hopefully they know this as well).

Also, the main story was absolute fucking ass. They frontloaded everything into the big city, and then you make your way to the cat land, and the game is almost over. lmao

Game is slightly better than OG DD1, imo, but worse than DD:DA.

8/10

Robber Baron

Savant
Also, the main story was absolute fucking ass.

sad
many such cases
When even was the last time a fantasy game had a great story? The Dark Eye: Memoria? Story is a pillar of a good fantasy adventure. Otherwise it's just a murderhobo tale.

90919-0104c-10138403-m750x740.jpg

b3dbdc1c441237ac2fca9f1410ec0883.jpg

ae0875f022d6d8f644feb62221f7f83a.jpg

24d9b84ffccad511fcd82c1c6a183783--anime-fantasy-fantasy-art.jpg

65498.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Man, the lack of a proper post-game is really hurting my overall enjoyment with this game.

Game is great until you reach LVL 50, and have levelled up some of your vocations and gear, and then it's mostly just a cake walk without any form of a challenge. You can grind for certain post-game items, but it's not engaging as it was in Dark Arisen. Enemies are easy, grindable post-game items are fixed without any form of randomness like the BBI LVL 3 items, and the timer is really annoying. It's definitely a great game for one playthrough, since the world is super fun to explore, but if you want to go beyond that (you can level up to LVL 999! But why the fuck would you?), it becomes really really boring.

They had the "perfect" formula with Bitter Black Isle, but didn't make use of it (DLC-bait, I know, but hopefully they know this as well).

Also, the main story was absolute fucking ass. They frontloaded everything into the big city, and then you make your way to the cat land, and the game is almost over. lmao

Game is slightly better than OG DD1, imo, but worse than DD:DA.

8/10

I agree.

They fucked up stat leveling therefore (1) every end game build will be the same and (2) only augments can be used for min-max ... but it's pointless.

They fucked up the game difficulty therefore there is no point in acquiring better gear when you can finish the game with the default gear.

This game needs a great DLC.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I find the claim, that 392 people are involved in a game's development is somehow a testament to the efficiency/ingeniuity of the staff, incredibly funny.
Some of the best computer games were made by order of magnitude smaller teams.
Many of the best computer games were made by teams that were two orders of magnitude smaller than the hundreds involved with Dragon's Dogma 2.

3949645-dungeon-master-dos-front-cover.jpg

See also the Good games created by few people thread.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Dragoun Foin makes Spearhand traversal really fun, jumping diagonaly on slopes and using it allows you to climb walls and go to the places you thought impossible, even if you get into sliding animation you still can use it again to climb higher. Hah, sometimes it feels like if i was airdashing in Megaman X or Zero.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Beat main game final boss. Underwhelming and much easier than DD1 Grigori.

At first sight I think unmoored world is worse than Everfall dungeon as post-game content.

I miss real dungeons, which I haven't found in this game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
So they've been pretty quiet since the last update

Hope they're not thinking of barely touching the game before the DLC

As imo they still need to strike the iron while it's hot
The game's launch left a bad impression on the general public and they should work to correct that
Removing the mtx would perhaps help them a great deal in gaining some lost favor, but of course Capcom isn't going to do that
So besides performance fixes, I think they should release new Vocations at least once a month as free DLC
It did wonders for the Witcher 3 reputation back in the day

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
You probably won't even get new vocations in the expansion lol.

Capcom doesn't do new content as free DLC. If for whatever reason they decide to change their mind for DD2, you can bet your ass you're getting new MTX to compensate.

Anonona

Learned
So besides performance fixes, I think they should release new Vocations at least once a month as free DLC
I think at most, if we do get something, which I doubt, it would be each 2 months and probably only new monsters and maybe new sidequests.

You probably won't even get new vocations in the expansion lol.
If we get an expansion at all

Capcom doesn't do new content as free DLC. If for whatever reason they decide to change their mind for DD2, you can bet your ass you're getting new MTX to compensate.
Well, they actually do, but for MH mainly. They released monsters and new quest and events both between the release of the base game and the expansion, and after the launch of the latter for free in each installment, not extra cost (of course they usually add some MTX too like new emotes and shit). That actually would be a decent model for DD2, and the most realistic, but I'm not crossing my fingers here.

Last edited:

Anonona

Learned
Just found out about a new move you can do. I grabbed an NPC to try and see if there was any interesting interaction if I took her and carry her where other NPC was. I wasn't paying attention so I sprinted into a wall. Turns out if you do that, you will stamp whoever you have grabbed against the wall, hurting them. I was playing as Mage so it wasn't even a Figher or Warrior thing only.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just killed a golem as a sorc using fists. Stupid pawns wont hit its weaknesses so i got down dirty myself and it felt awesome. Unequip the staff, start climbing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom