Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
How are people finding the difficulty? I've seen numerous people say it is way too easy but I've watched a few streamers and I've seen a few dozen deaths already. Some of them being one-shot.
Difficulty would be much more harder if you couldn't heal yourself up again with healing items, even though your HP is 0. :P

Also, has someone been farming enemies like cyclopses or minotaurs yet? Do they have fixed drops, or is there a bigger loot pool of items?

abija

Prophet
I believe this will work for anyone on a RX5000+/RTX series GPU. HUD flickers but it's probably worth it if it doubles your frame rate.
It also doubles your latency and has minor artefacts. It's not worth it even if implemented properly. Cut the framegen crap.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Bigger enemies seem to randomly spawn in certain areas. I encountered a Minotaur in the same exact spot where I killed a Cyclops yesterday. Also a Griffin showed up right around the same time and there wasn't one before. Had no choice but to flee. That's interesting though.

Yosharian

Arcane
Instructions for FSR Frame Generation modding
Note: you need an RTX graphics card for this to work.
1: Download dlssg-to-fsr3-0.90 (Universal) from https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738?tab=files
2: Install dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll and version.dll to DD2's main folder (where .exe is located)
3: Rename nvngx_dlss.dll inside DD2 main folder to nvngx_dlss.dll.OLD (this is a backup of the old DLSS file)
4: Download DLSS 3.6 from https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/
5: Install new 3.6 nvngx_dlss.dll to DD2 main folder (take care not to overwrite the old one, back it up)
6: Rename sl.interposer.dll inside DD2 main folder to sl.interposer.dll.OLD (this is a backup of the old file)
7: Download Pure Dark's DLSS3 Enabler from https://www.patreon.com/posts/dragons-dogma-2-100837988
8: Install new sl.interposer.dll to DD2 main folder
9: Turn off NVIDIA overlay (Instructions: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-geforce-overlay-disable/)
10: (optional) Delete shader.cache2 from your DD2 main folder
Uninstallation: undo all steps

Yosharian

Arcane
I believe this will work for anyone on a RX5000+/RTX series GPU. HUD flickers but it's probably worth it if it doubles your frame rate.
It also doubles your latency and has minor artefacts. It's not worth it even if implemented properly. Cut the framegen crap.
I experienced no latency problems, and doubled my FPS in town, personally I don't think its worth the garbled HUD but some people might think it is

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Had no choice but to flee.
12417712_923079597761224_4767268790139798687_n.jpg

Carceri

Arcane
I managed to play for about 5 hours and the game is genuinely fun. The questing and adventuring are a massive improvement over the original, everything feels more engaging and rewarding (you can find some nice pieces of loot out in the wilds btw). I also like a lot the fact that you need to be a bit more careful with how you manage your resources.

The combat is still good, and despite the fact that there are only 4 weapon skills now, it somehow provided an overall better, more diverse action set pretty early in the game, than the original game did. Moving some skills to the core category seems to be a good choice after all. I was really skeptical about this, ngl. I have not played a caster yet though, so I don't know how mages and sorcerers are with 4 weapon skills.

Pawns need more observing, but they feel more aggressive right from the start than in the first game, where they clearly don't know what to do at first, and it takes them a bit to get going. In this one they are actively engaging the enemy from what I could gather. So far, I have not spotted the infamous back and forth running without doing anything, but like I said, I need to observe pawns a bit more.
My pawn was rented 3 times by some random players, and the rent summary is more detailed now, with some flavor comments from the pawn about its adventures. However, the screen doesn't show me the player's Steam username, or at least I did not see it. I have to get in the rift to check out who exactly rented my pawn.

I have not encountered any bugs so far and the performance is ok on my system. In the capital city I have seen the fps briefly dipping to around 45, but that is rare, most of the time doesn't go lower than ~55, and there is some micro-stuttering here and there while in this city. Outside of it, the game ran smooth, no hiccups, no frames dropping, no crashes. For reference, I have a 13700KF + rtx4070. So, overall the game was a pleasant experience. Except for the controls. They need some serious tinkering with the keyboard bindings. Fuck you, Japanese developers!

With all that being said, they sure deserve the negative reviews and shit reception for releasing the game in this state. They had so many years to work on this, and this is not some small indie team struggling with resources and shit. And how the fuck do you even launch the game without the New Game 'feature'?!

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
This game is absurdly good. I left a fallen pawn to die in battle as me and the other two retreated and about 30-40 minutes later my two remaining pawns started conversing about it, saying stuff like it was a shame we couldn't save them, etc. I also found a hidden chest and my hired pawn told me I had a keen eye and that his master missed the chest. Lmao this game is nuts. Never seen anything like it. This is far beyond the original. So much emergent gameplay to. Things seem to keep changing when you revisit areas. I can't tell if it's random, level based, or if it's based on quest progression. The day and night cycle obviously plays a big part in some of it.

Renfri

Cipher
I wish map wasn't full of corridors. And pawns telling me about chests I already looted.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Instructions for FSR Frame Generation modding
Note: you need an RTX graphics card for this to work.
1: Download dlssg-to-fsr3-0.90 (Universal) from https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738?tab=files
2: Install dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll and version.dll to DD2's main folder (where .exe is located)
3: Rename nvngx_dlss.dll inside DD2 main folder to nvngx_dlss.dll.OLD (this is a backup of the old DLSS file)
4: Download DLSS 3.6 from https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/
5: Install new 3.6 nvngx_dlss.dll to DD2 main folder (take care not to overwrite the old one, back it up)
6: Rename sl.interposer.dll inside DD2 main folder to sl.interposer.dll.OLD (this is a backup of the old file)
7: Download Pure Dark's DLSS3 Enabler from https://www.patreon.com/posts/dragons-dogma-2-100837988
8: Install new sl.interposer.dll to DD2 main folder
9: Turn off NVIDIA overlay (Instructions: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-geforce-overlay-disable/)
10: (optional) Delete shader.cache2 from your DD2 main folder
Uninstallation: undo all steps

I had to turn off the steam overlay as well.

This does give a huge boost to framerate, but be warned that it will cause insane ghosting on the UI. Personally, I can live with the ghosting for a much smoother game, but I'm guessing tolerance for this will vary.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
A warning regarding the Vocation Frustration quest, when I presented the Greatsword I got from Beren's quest to unlock Warrior for my pawn at the Vocation Guild it gave away that Greatsword and gave my pawn a generic two hander when I switched his Vocation. Mentioning as the wording of the quest makes it seem like you'll be able to keep using whatever sword you present.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
This shits in Elden Ring's mouth, and I was a big fan of Elden Ring. Also me mum's PC handles the game just fine, in every area. Congrats, the whole PC master race got clowned on by an elderly woman who mostly plays Skyrim and ESO. But good job giving this masterpiece a bad rep you decline enabling fucksticks. BUY BETTER HARDWARE.

Tyrr

Liturgist
This is the Monster Hunter World dlc:
PyOb8Vh.jpeg

Why are people suddenly mad? Nobody seemed to give a fuck about it in MH.
That's why I think here it's mostly tourists that just want to rage about something and don't really care about the game.

kalash19

Novice
This shits in Elden Ring's mouth, and I was a big fan of Elden Ring. Also me mum's PC handles the game just fine, in every area. Congrats, the whole PC master race got clowned on by an elderly woman who mostly plays Skyrim and ESO. But good job giving this masterpiece a bad rep you decline enabling fucksticks. BUY BETTER HARDWARE.
But Elden Ring has pvp which is the best type of endgame content ever. And i'm sure there are nothing else to do after DD2 's endgame, next game plus can be just repeatitive after a while.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
But Elden Ring has pvp which is the best type of endgame content ever. And i'm sure there are nothing else to do after DD2 's endgame, next game plus can be just repeatitive after a while.

PVP is for faggots.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I had no idea Capcom was this terrible. I just remembered those were the guys who say mods were piracy, right?

What kind of fucked up insane retarded arch boomer do they have as CEO lmao.

I feel sorry for the devs.

Tyrr

Liturgist
And i'm sure there are nothing else to do after DD2 's endgame, next game plus can be just repeatitive after a while.
Why has every game today offer endless content? It wasn't like that in the past. You play a game, complete it and move to the next one.

kalash19

Novice
And i'm sure there are nothing else to do after DD2 's endgame, next game plus can be just repeatitive after a while.
Why has every game today offer endless content? It wasn't like that in the past. You play a game, complete it and move to the next one.
What if you cant find any good game when searching for that next one ? Fromsoft havent given any news about the next big game yet.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I had no idea Capcom was this terrible. I just remembered those were the guys who say mods were piracy, right?

What kind of fucked up insane retarded arch boomer do they have as CEO lmao.

I feel sorry for the devs.
You wasted thousands of hours of your few remaining years trying to do a SL1 run in Elden Ring, and you shit on this great game without spending even a couple of hours with it. Your priorities are scrambled monkey brain shit. I wish you the best in life.

The performance in the capital is fucked, but if you're spending enough time there for it to ruin the whole experience, you're playing the game wrong. I hate to sound cliche but it's true.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom