Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Sentinel

Arcane
Anyone watched the grigori fight on youtube?

what the actual fuck, complete downgrade from the first game. Did they just run out of time? What happened? It's a shitty monster hunter copy paste fight.

Hell Swarm

Educated
It took years for normies to outrage about Capcom's microtransactions. IIRC it was possible to buy keys in RE2 remake and resurrection orbs in DMC5.
DMC5 let you buy currency which could buy any item in the game you wanted and you could even use to charge a weapon letting you 1 shot anything in the game. DMC5 fans mostly let it slide because only a retard would buy red orbs in DMC and were glad to have the series back at all.
I just don't understand why game devs can't just launch their game on a PC, see that it runs like ass and delay it for a week or two to make it better.
Why do you think this would work? DSFix came out within a day of Dark souls launch. Japan is bad at PC gaming.
I'm dropping this around Facebook to make some normies and FF fanboys cry...

Tot038W.png
How badly will you cry when they reply with "Get $70s back when you refund an unplayable mess"?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Put around 20 hours into it so far, and am loving it. And I have a feeling that I am not even close to the middle part of the game (still doing the first six or so quests for the black captain in the city), which tells me that everyone who finished the game in 20 or even 40 hours rushed (fast travelled) the shit out of it.

Walking from destination A to B for side quests never got boring in these hours, and I also did not feel the need to use a Ferrystone or use the fast travel service, since the sheer randomness of the open world just feels wonderful. You fight bosses on the way, you find randomly generated NPC quest givers which reward you with gold, or you meet other players pawns which can also give you quests that players created with even better rewards if you are lucky. It's an incredible system.

The graphics of this game are amazing, and I think that DD2 has the best looking forests out there (with everything on high and RT on). It's just an absolute marvel to traverse through the open world and gaze at the scenery. The locations in this game also look and feel very unique, and don't look like the 100km open bland fields or forests like the ones in Elden Ring. The dungeons (mostly caves) I have seen so far are nothing to write home about, and exploring them gave me bad Oblivion vibes. Some of them are kinda big, and some of them have a nice boss for you to fight, but they just look so ... generic. Meh.

Gameplay wise, the game is very addictive, since the combat feels excellent and SUPER meaty. And holy moly, they nailed the warrior class in this game. Swinging that large sword around making goblins fly away mid air, or charging up your attack to stagger an ogre is absolute sex.

The outfits I have seen so far are great, and there is some lewd stuff in here as well.

Good shit.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Put around 20 hours into it so far, and am loving it. And I have a feeling that I am not even close to the middle part of the game (still doing the first six or so quests for the black captain in the city), which tells me that everyone who finished the game in 20 or even 40 hours rushed (fast travelled) the shit out of it.

Walking from destination A to B for side quests never got boring in these hours, and I also did not feel the need to use a Ferrystone or use the fast travel service, since the sheer randomness of the open world just feels wonderful. You fight bosses on the way, you find randomly generated NPC quest givers which reward you with gold, or you meet other players pawns which can also give you quests that players created with even better rewards if you are lucky. It's an incredible system.

The graphics of this game are amazing, and I think that DD2 has the best looking forests out there (with everything on high and RT on). It's just an absolute marvel to traverse through the open world and gaze at the scenery. The locations in this game also look and feel very unique, and don't look like the 100km open bland fields or forests like the ones in Elden Ring. The dungeons (mostly caves) I have seen so far are nothing to write home about, and exploring them gave me bad Oblivion vibes. Some of them are kinda big, and some of them have a nice boss for you to fight, but they just look so ... generic. Meh.

Gameplay wise, the game is very addictive, since the combat feels excellent and SUPER meaty. And holy moly, they nailed the warrior class in this game. Swinging that large sword around making goblins fly away mid air, or charging up your attack to stagger an ogre is absolute sex.

The outfits I have seen so far are great, and there is some lewd stuff in here as well.

Good shit.

This is the difference between someone who gets it and someone who doesn't. The journey is the entire point, even in the first one.

Reinhardt

Arcane
spent all evening playing dd1. i thought i created decent looking arisen and it still looks ok in the middle of the night with lantern but in daylight it's some drooling mongoloid... need to fix it asap.

notpl

Arbiter
The idea of writing a paragraph like this is inconceivable to me. It sounds like you're describing the most banal procgen MMO-tier garbage conceivable and then saying "thank you, sir, may I have another?"

Falksi

Arcane
It took years for normies to outrage about Capcom's microtransactions. IIRC it was possible to buy keys in RE2 remake and resurrection orbs in DMC5.
DMC5 let you buy currency which could buy any item in the game you wanted and you could even use to charge a weapon letting you 1 shot anything in the game. DMC5 fans mostly let it slide because only a retard would buy red orbs in DMC and were glad to have the series back at all.
I just don't understand why game devs can't just launch their game on a PC, see that it runs like ass and delay it for a week or two to make it better.
Why do you think this would work? DSFix came out within a day of Dark souls launch. Japan is bad at PC gaming.
I'm dropping this around Facebook to make some normies and FF fanboys cry...

Tot038W.png
How badly will you cry when they reply with "Get $70s back when you refund an unplayable mess"?
More than Aerith's butchered nu-death scene made me, that's for sure.

Suicidal

Arcane
The haters are gonna be so butthurt when this wins GOTY :lol:

Nothing is topping this beast. I don't even think Elden Ring would have stood a chance if it released in the same year.
Now let's not delude ourselves, Elden Ring is a lot more normie-friendly. However I don't think DLCs can get nominated, but the FF7 remake will still likely beat DD2 due to nostalgia wank.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Nothing is topping this beast. I don't even think Elden Ring would have stood a chance if it released in the same year.
Now let's not delude ourselves, Elden Ring is a lot more normie-friendly. However I don't think DLCs can get nominated, but the FF7 remake will still likely beat DD2 due to nostalgia wank.
DD2 not gonna win, they're never gonna glorify a game with so much controversy around it. TGA is entirely built around ads and ad clients hate controversy.

Jedi Survivor is a great game, for what it is, and it would absolutely be at least nominated last year if it wasn't for the performance issue drama.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Taking a brief look at the FF thread, nobody here seems to be playing it or even cares about it. And unless it releases on PC this year it wont even be eligible.

As much as I love Elden Ring it doesn't have shit on this game. DD2 is on another level.

Suicidal

Arcane

Taking a brief look at the FF thread, nobody here seems to be playing it or is even playing it. And unless it releases on PC this year it wont even be eligible.
Wasn't God of Soy nominated despite being PS5 exclusive? Also what cvv said is probably true. Hogwarts Legacy was a very popular game that people seemed to enjoy (even though I thought it looked like run of the mill Ubishit-style garbage) and it wasn't nominated likely because people are mad at Rowling.

If that's the case this year's GOTY nominations will probably consist of FF7 remake and a bunch of dogshit like the Suicide Squad that's safe to have in the nominations. There doesn't seem to be anything major coming out this year apart from that, unless I'm not aware of some new normie movie games.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Taking a brief look at the FF thread, nobody here seems to be playing it or is even playing it. And unless it releases on PC this year it wont even be eligible.
Wasn't God of Soy nominated despite being PS5 exclusive?
Pretty sure God of War was on PC. I'm talking about Codex GOTY, aka the only one that matters.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
DD2 is everything the Codex celebrates. 100% non-linear adventuring, 100% unscripted gameplay, emergent gameplay, random encounters, believable NPCs, world class combat. FF7 and Hogwarts Legacy had none of those things. FFS the pawns in this game have more personality and behave more realistically than anything in Elden Ring and the former games combined, and they're supposed to be mindless souless slaves.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm 12 hours in, reached level 19, loving the shit out of this game. Had a quest to save an NPC and failed to save him, and it felt 'right'. Where other games might have slapped the player with a QUEST FAILED pop-up, this was just another way to complete the quest.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm 12 hours in, reached level 19, loving the shit out of this game. Had a quest to save an NPC and failed to save him, and it felt 'right'. Where other games might have slapped the player with a QUEST FAILED pop-up, this was just another way to complete the quest.
Loved that shit in Kingdom Come. Quests don't succeed or fail, there are just different ways of finishing them.

Black

Arcane
Were you too poor to waste a wokestone on him?
Fucking hate poor people.

abija

Prophet
The idea of writing a paragraph like this is inconceivable to me. It sounds like you're describing the most banal procgen MMO-tier garbage conceivable and then saying "thank you, sir, may I have another?"

I'd love to know all the banal procgen mmo-tier garbage games that reproduce fighting a burning ogre in the forest at night.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It's still gay as shit though, but @Roguey will autismo about it if I argue that forcing players to disable cloud saves and swap out files is idiotic for a AAA game.
From my observations, a lot of Japanese devs aren't big on things like a user friendly user experience. Being able to create separate in-game profiles has been a standard feature for western devs since the 00s but these guys are stuck in their ways.

mtAo8NvKmyZm.jpeg

^ you're siding with the seething western devs here. :P
Doesn't sound like seething at all to me. These are all concerns players are mentioning in their reviews.

This isn't BG3, where everyone loves it and western devs are crying that it's impossible for them to produce the same content. This is a game being released with a ton of performance issues, missing features and microtransactions snuck in at the last minute.

The only ones I see seething are you and the fanyboys who can't stand that the consumer is rating it negatively on Steam.

sser

Arcane
Developer
It's hard out there for an adventurer.

FB1329752E5F8F1DC37C8E9C91AE3F3DA107A61B

09BEB980C8747A1EE10C3A082CE11DA066069959

70B73514757BF7F7C3D77CEA3C33B53191C824CD

4CD838B1C670FF10E2588AAC7BCEB383499FE178

AA959AD0318E67BFA1A7A051F4368C4B9FD98550

638A9F9B7DE68E78DA51644126104630B4D2E156

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom