Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dark Eye drakensang the dark eye questions

razvedchiki

Erudite
is it better to kill the mobs first before doing the quests for max xp? since the higher lvl you are the less the mobs give in xp, that i have noticed.
also is a rogue a good class for the main char?

PanickedTushkano

Educated
There are no character classes. The main thing that matters is if the chosen character is capable of using magic. If if you choose a "rogue" you will still be able to basically build him/her however you want.

I wouldn't worry about XP issues all that much. The most difficult fight in the game is optional, though people occasionally complain about the section leading up to the last boss.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
is it better to kill the mobs first before doing the quests for max xp? since the higher lvl you are the less the mobs give in xp, that i have noticed.
also is a rogue a good class for the main char?
Most fun is with mage main character. You can eventually get some training in other skills. Main problem is if mage wants to be decent at at least some spells, he has FAR less points for skills, or attribute increases.

BTW there is mage/rogue hybrid.

If you are talking about this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/12640/Drakensang/
IIRC you get rogue, and mage/rogue relatively soon.
Of course both are fuckers.

razvedchiki

Erudite
what are the most used social skills in the river of time? in drakesang 1 human nature/fast talk are the most used ones, haggle is also usefull to get more ducats. are there any good fencing weapons like farfaras rapier in drakensang 1?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
what are the most used social skills in the river of time? in drakesang 1 human nature/fast talk are the most used ones, haggle is also usefull to get more ducats. are there any good fencing weapons like farfaras rapier in drakensang 1?
Hmmm don't really remember but most of them were useful in river of time,the game is clear improvement over drakensang. Also rogue is pretty fun class to play,i did enjoy pickpocketing everyone. Big improvement in river of time was that it greyed out the option if you had pickpocketed anyone,thus letting you know. Very good game all around,one of me favourites.

The only thing you need to know- rotate save files, case game corrupts them quite often.
Never had such a problem. Are you just repeating something that you heard somewhere or did it happen to you?

Gradenmayer

Learned
Hmmm don't really remember but most of them were useful in river of time,the game is clear improvement over drakensang. Also rogue is pretty fun class to play,i did enjoy pickpocketing everyone. Big improvement in river of time was that it greyed out the option if you had pickpocketed anyone,thus letting you know. Very good game all around,one of me favourites.

The only thing you need to know- rotate save files, case game corrupts them quite often.
Never had such a problem. Are you just repeating something that you heard somewhere or did it happen to you?
Happened to me with multiple saves. Specifically after 6th or 7th chapter.

razvedchiki

Erudite
maybe it had save corruption problems when it got out, never had any though then or now.
a pity the dev company went under, the second game was a clear improvement in a lot of areas compared to the first one. we could have another geman company making its own type of games like PB with them gothics. they only had to hold out a few more years untill the kickstarter nostalgia ripoffs great era of crpgs started :negative:.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I've probably written that a few times already: If you understand German (written and vocal), it is a must to play River of Time in German. Writing quality is high, but the real deal is the complete VO of everything, even those little conversations of townsfolk or Baron whats-his-name posing through Nadoret. And it is done in superb quality, clearly the director and actors were very competent and/or a TDE enthusiasts.

razvedchiki

Erudite
anyone made the ergos addon mod to work with the phileassons secret dlc?
the dlc has a separate launcher and despite sharing the same files with river of time the mod doesnt show up.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
rogue is probably the worst choice you could make. The game offers two companions who are rogues or rogue-like, and it's very combat intensive. I would recommend the mercenary or a mage (healer is best)

Skdursh

Savant
I never knew it before just now, but apparently there are mods for this game. This one claims to be fully voiced in German with an English translation and supposedly adds 20-30 hours of gameplay.

Just dropping by to mention that the GOG release does not have the (admittely minor and easily fixable) resolution/widescreen issues.

razvedchiki

Erudite
any good fencing weapons/2 handed axes? the merchant in nedoret sells a 1handed axe with 5% chance to wound for 460 ducats, looking for something similar but 2handed.
also any good fencing weapon like the farfaras rapier (25% chance to wound, from a crypt in drakensang 1).

Sòren

Arcane
the crypt rapier is one of the best fencing weapons in the game, there are one or two that are better but late-game.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just run around the town and check the vendors,tho they do get better shit later on if i remember correctly.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
i mean on the second game, river of time. there isnt any information online, except the gamebanshee walkthrough but doesnt cover all the equipment.
a rapier similar to the Farfara rapier (slightly better even iirc, also with 25% wound chance) can be crafted, the recipe is sold in Hammerberg. You first have to do a quest for the Girtasch dwarf, then the dwarven vendor upgrades his inventory and sells additional recipes.

as for two handers, the two handed hammer, costs also close to 500 gold iirc, sold by the merchant in Nadoret seems best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom