Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dual Universe

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
100% don't even buy this game men.

I never authorized recurring charges for this game and they are still charging my credit card.

Steam also has zero support options for stopping it. So I will have to cancel my credit card now.

Oh that sucks, I had to do that before for other games also. It seems not only the game is terrible, but their practices are shady, oh well, sorry for bringing you into this mess.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No worries men, its not the money, but the principle of the matter.

I wish this game nothing but the worst, but I'll probably forget about it because I get busy and forget to even care about bullshit like this.

I figured I'd at least say something for other people who might find this thread someday, not that this game will survive past a month or two imo.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
It was a subscription, I canceled mine a couple weeks ago, but I still got charged.

I think I found a spot on steam to dispute it, but we can see what they do. Hopefully steam comes through seeing as how I waste hundreds of dollars on their platform each year and I've never asked for a refund, even for the many shitty games I ended up playing less than an hour.

Dual Universe is a special class of shitty though, so I don't want any extra money going their way either.

I could try to file a dispute with my bank also, but its not a huge amount of money at the end of the day. It's more the principle of the matter.
You should definitely charge the money back via your bank / credit card company.

But make sure there is no clause in your contract that requires a notice period. I once paid 1000 euro for a fitness studio because I had a 6 month membership and stopped going there. Later the gym burned down and I believed my membership had long expired. I guess they had set fire themselves to milk the insurance, then reopened, waited as long as they could without risking a bigger lawsuit and then charged the old customers 18 months later. But since the contract was clear and I hadnt understood it, I had to pay.

Delphik

I noticed all the space sandbox MMOs tend to fail real quick like Starbase or this game, other than EVE are there any actual good space MMOs?

saeci

Arcane
No worries men, its not the money, but the principle of the matter.

I wish this game nothing but the worst, but I'll probably forget about it because I get busy and forget to even care about bullshit like this.

I figured I'd at least say something for other people who might find this thread someday, not that this game will survive past a month or two imo.
Ask your bank for a chargeback, kwan banks usually side with the customer, especially if you have a credit card.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Hadn't heard of this game before so read this whole thread at once. Saw it devolve from excitement to cautious optimism to chasm of steaming poo and was depressed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom