Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA: "ME combat complicated. Story and choice intimidati

Luzur

Good Sir
could this be a sign of a coming videogame market crash?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Back in the late 90s, early 2000s, Bioware was a pioneer in CRPGs. They also had top-notch support for NWN and a critical fanbase.

Nowadays, however, Bioware is merely "good", because a lot of other developers have catched up or exceeded their level of writing quality and depth.

Also Bioware is a big-ass company, so the only way to compesante their rather weak game sales (always in the range of 2-3 million units, not enough for EA certainly) is to have shorter development cycles. Well, it certainly showes in DA2.

Either way, EA execs are full of shit. How is having this gimmicky Kinect feature "expanding the audience?". I don't see it.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Morgoth said:
How is having this gimmicky Kinect feature "expanding the audience?". I don't see it.

When Kinect gamers begin craving deeper and complex cinematic gameplay, Mass Effect 3 will be waiting there for them. just like how Pride and Prejudice with Zombies is a gateway into realistic historical romance fiction for zombie novel enthusiasts.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Rasputin said:
I don't understand this logic. For example, guy who doesn't play video games and is not interested in them, how the hell dumbing down what already has been dumbed, will make him play the video game that companies want him to play?
I really doubt that seeing an advert for a game seguel which says '' NOW TARGETING FOR A BIGGEST POSSIBLE AUDIENCE WITH STREAMLINED GAMEPLAY'' will make him now play video games.
Suits are like tyrants or priest in that they cannot into logic. They rather rely on lies (dogma, propaganda, marketing). So far they have been vindicated by history. And while I'm a misanthrope, I still have faith that the industry will crash and burn with the direction it's going now.

Fens, that looks like a Biotard's nightmare-vision. More than one awesome button? How could he deal with that complexity? *headexplode*

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Shannow said:
Fens, that looks like a Biotard's nightmare-vision. More than one awesome button? How could he deal with that complexity? *headexplode*
oh no no no... that controller is just upside down. to play, you turn it around and smash it against a table repeatedly. the design makes sure you always hit the awesome button in the process. no confusing buttons on the top side.

thesisko

Emissary
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
.Sigurd said:
Hmmm... I imagine the butthurt that those news will cause in the Bioware forums, especially after the general disappointment that DA2 was.

Also, seems that EA guys don't even try to hide anymore, they already say straight on the face that they will make the game more accessible.

I posted a thread with the exact same content on the BioWare forums. It was renamed to "Article: Why Mass Effect 3 supports Kinect" and its content was changed to another quote from the same article.
Also, I was banned from even viewing the forums :thumbsup:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
MetalCraze said:
sgc_meltdown said:
deuxhero said:
seeing more and more people admit that Bioware has never really been that good on places outside of these forums.

soon bro the codex will become mainstream

The Codex is as mainstream as it gets. What games do you see discussed and loved in GRP/gd/? And how are those any different from what can be seen on Gamespot or IGN forums?
We can just call each other a retard and not get banned and that's the only difference.

True. All we hear about is Arma this and Arma that...can't get much more mainstream than the 'thinking man's FPS(tm)'.

Hardcore people talk about SWAT 4...

Shannow

Waster of Time
thesisko said:
.Sigurd said:
Hmmm... I imagine the butthurt that those news will cause in the Bioware forums, especially after the general disappointment that DA2 was.

Also, seems that EA guys don't even try to hide anymore, they already say straight on the face that they will make the game more accessible.

I posted a thread with the exact same content on the BioWare forums. It was renamed to "Article: Why Mass Effect 3 supports Kinect" and its content was changed to another quote from the same article.
Also, I was banned from even viewing the forums :thumbsup:
Fuck, that goes beyond censure...

Ermm

Erudite
MetalCraze said:
Very easy. Make it an interactive movie.

Yes, but still I can't imagine for a non-gamer seeing an advert with a generic looking aliens and some generic looking dude in front, saying it is the masterpiece of storytelling, would make him to spend 300 dollars on a game console and 60 dollars on a video game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom