Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Early Access Games

Okay - so I've been browsing through Steam and found two games that look really promising to me to scratch some itches that I have. They're still in Early Access, but if anyone has heard anything about them, or better yet played them, I'd love the head's up.

The first is Predestination:

http://predestinationgame.com/

You can start in pre-warp and go to galactic mode. They say they're hoping for it to be released ~Q3/Q4 of this year. From the looks - this thing is sexy as hell.

The other one is Fallen: A2P Protocol.

http://www.fallena2p.com/

This one I'm less enthused about. I love Squad-based turn based tactics, but I'm worried this one is more nuXcom than old X-Com influenced. Still, looks pretty decent and if I heard the right things I'd pick it up.

Anyone hear anything about these?

spectre

Arcane
I saw a video of an early build for fallena2p, I closed that tab in disgust when I saw that it apes sexcum to the extent of the enemies getting a free turn when discovered.
The comically sized weapons didn't help either.

Now, Predestination looks like it has its gameplay heart in the right place, but it desperately needs an overhaul of its assets by an actually competent graphics designer. I will keep my ear to the ground here, but honestly, that 2D guy can't draw humanoids for shit.

Actually played a bit of A2P. It's actually not bad. Probably not as much customization as I'd like, but beyond that, it isn't bad. It looks like nuXcom, but it actually has an AP system instead of the 2 move system. Almost reminds me of Silent Storm.

Not bad so far.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Fallen A2P is remarkably mediocre, but they've got a long ways to go.

Fallen A2P is remarkably mediocre, but they've got a long ways to go.
Yeah - downsides are the "enemies don't do shit unless you find them" and not a ton of customization. Still, there's a lot of good here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom