Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

I have never really grinded in Souls games so that's true imo

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I feel like pretty much everything in souls games has that problem. Bosses give so many souls, and both level requirements and soul drops scale so much over the course of the game that it's never really worth your time to kill anything that can respawn.
You know what is worth your time? Exploration. Can't really do that properly whilst a horde of murderous zombies are chasing you with axes and fireballs.

Well, unless you "explore" by watching youtube walkthroughs and then beelining straight to the item you were told you need there.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
I feel like pretty much everything in souls games has that problem. Bosses give so many souls, and both level requirements and soul drops scale so much over the course of the game that it's never really worth your time to kill anything that can respawn.
You know what is worth your time? Exploration. Can't really do that properly whilst a horde of murderous zombies are chasing you with axes and fireballs.

Well, unless you "explore" by watching youtube walkthroughs and then beelining straight to the item you were told you need there.
Not really at that point in the game. If you're ready for the DLCs you're already well into your build and farming upgrade material for another weapon isn't going to be very appealing. And I'd much rather run round grabbing items in the first snow area than dealing with any of the ambushed. The wolves are really annoying to deal with and offer nothing original or interesting since From copy and paste dogs since Demon's souls.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Not really at that point in the game. If you're ready for the DLCs you're already well into your build and farming upgrade material for another weapon isn't going to be very appealing. And I'd much rather run round grabbing items in the first snow area than dealing with any of the ambushed. The wolves are really annoying to deal with and offer nothing original or interesting since From copy and paste dogs since Demon's souls.
You're not wrong about the quality of the expansion, but that's simply not how I play my souls games. Or any games, for that matter.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
You're not wrong about the quality of the expansion, but that's simply not how I play my souls games. Or any games, for that matter.
We all try to take it slow, kill every enemy and enjoy the world the first time through. But once you realize everything you're picking up is worthless and the enemies are too tanky to be enjoyable to fight you ultimately try to skip as much as possible for your own sanity

ferratilis

Magister
There's been a lot of activity on SteamDB over the last few days. New DLC page has been added, yet to be revealed. The trailer and release date must be imminent.
NglK5Ao.png

Barbarian

Arcane
I'm going to be a pessimist and assume it is the trailer.

Or is Fromsoft in the habit of announcing things weeks before releasing them? Devs these days like to build hype and have time to market their shit.

Caim

Arcane
How much of the content will be reused?
Lots. If there's new dungeons bosses it'll go like:

- New dungeon boss
- New dungeon boss but mace instead of axe
- New dungeon boss but fire
- New dungeon boss but magic
- New dungeon boss but mace and fire
- New dungeon boss but mace and magic
- That one shadow monster boss but deathblight
- Three Erdtree Watchdogs
- Three Erdtree Watchdogs but fire
- Three Erdtree Watchdogs but magic
- Four Erdtree Watchdogs
- Crucible Knight but sword AND spear
- Two Tibia Mariners
- Spiritcaller Snail that summons an Astel
- Godskin quartet
- Yet another dragon
- Fuck you five Ulcerated Tree Spirits at the same time
- Just one Runebear again (toughest boss in the DLC)
- Miquella, Blade of Malenia (reskin but with double health drain)

D_X

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
- New dungeon boss
- Four Erdtree Watchdogs
- Two Tibia Mariners
- Godskin quartet
- Yet another dragon
Man, Miyazaki's gonna be pissed you leaked the design documents. Now he's gonna have to come up with something new like 10 dragons and notMalekith (same as Malekith but spins the other way round so totally different).

Elttharion

Learned
How much of the content will be reused?
Lots. If there's new dungeons bosses it'll go like:

- New dungeon boss
- Four Erdtree Watchdogs
- Two Tibia Mariners
- Godskin quartet
- Yet another dragon
You forgot the poison swamp that gives you poison, sleep, scarlet rot, bleeding, death and madness at the same time.

Did you rike it?

AVvXsEgw0rQXtnz5E9yb9uezNS-D4tBfov_CzeUByfr9EwVHews7vf8jIkdMsus7Dy7m0jpwYDsP_5z70BOOfDvft7Lu29xIm5z9zAqTtGSQv0AbLI7DzWgYOMx_8sA1pCwfEoEJyeHw6XPDU0soyPay1O94G39lbRE91GHYq3qlvp-fvqckIDCE1KvjCrzOZw=w320-h180

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
You forgot the poison swamp that gives you poison, sleep, scarlet rot, bleeding, death and madness at the same time.
You dumb nigger brained faggot! It's FIVE swamps! FIVE SWAMPS! FFS. How could you miss such unique and special game design as FIVE SWAMPS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom