Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elhoim's Interfaces Main Thread

Sisay

Liturgist
Will there be moron ind...uhm tooltips?

Jora

Arcane
Yeah, there will be a big "Q" icon above every quest giver's head.

Other Lionheart influences include notable historical figures that you can meet throughout the game. (VD's been pretty cryptic about this... It seems the game is set in an alternative world with a connection to Earth? Then again, I was confused by Lionheart's background story also. :? )

Sisay

Liturgist
I was thinking more like tooltips on the actual UI, maybe something like pressing Tab in Spiderweb games. Speaking of that moron indicator discussion, what's the final word on that? Will there be skill/stat indicators such as (Dexterity) or (Lore) in the dialogue options?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
Mikail said:
A comment and a question.

Question: The interface currently looks pretty good. Can I have your permission to upload a copy to wikipedia?
You have my permission to upload anything you want.

Heh. The image Mikail uploaded has been taken down, apparently because, "there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use."

:roll:

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
I think I might be alone in this opinion, but I'd think it'd be great if you could choose from a different range of bottom interfaces in the game options. It isn't necessary, and it most likely won't blend well with the rest of the screens, but I think some of the interfaces below are as good as the current one you're using.

evolutiontx7.gif

Edit: Another stupid suggestion! I really was off my trolley last year.

Morbus

Scholar
Elhoim said:
Morbus said:
Looks awesome. And btw, what about mouse pointers?

Updated 3rd post.
Thanks Elhoim :) I take it that the 3rd pointer is animated? Is it possible to present an animated gif version of it?

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
If that's a MUST feature, I can add it - not a big deal. Maybe someone has already implemented it, need to search at GarageGames website. However, static cursor works just fine for me.

Jasede said:
No animated pointers in the Troika engine.
:neverforget:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
No, it's definitely not a must feature. While it would be nice to read in a review: "The game is utter garbage, but goddamit I can't take my eyes off that amazing animated cursor. 10/10!", let's focus on some other stuff for now.

Pladio

Educated
I'm not sure if someone said this already, but the text in screenshot two has an error...

Completition instead of completion.

Lumpy

Arcane
Also, the normal cursor sucks. Any cursor that is not an arrow sucks, especially in a game that is point&click.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Elhoim, are you mixing different versions in your post or what? Sometimes the interface looks more brownish and then again more sandcoloured, take screenshots #2 and #3, for instance.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Claw said:
Elhoim, are you mixing different versions in your post or what? Sometimes the interface looks more brownish and then again more sandcoloured, take screenshots #2 and #3, for instance.

Those are the old ones. I've just updated the ones that are already implemented ingame and that we have screenshots. There are more implemented, but we didn't took screenshots yet.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Pladio said:
I'm not sure if someone said this already, but the text in screenshot two has an error...

Completition instead of completion.
and in the same shot: "...anywhere in the romm"

Is someone spellchecking for you, VD?

Great work on the interface, it looks very nice now, and also very useable.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Old stuff. It was fixed a long time ago. I'm working with a good editor at the moment.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Old stuff. It was fixed a long time ago. I'm working with a good editor at the moment.

Great, good to hear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom