Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Empyre: Earls of the Deep Earth is the final episode in the shovelware series, coming March 12th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Coin Operated Games; EMPYRE: Earls of the Deep Earth

https://www.terminals.io/games/empyre-earls-of-the-deep-earth/news/4304

Auburn, New Hampshire – February 5th, 2024 - Coin Operated Games is excited to announce that its upcoming Neo-Victorian RPG Empyre: Earls of the Deep Earth, will be coming to PC via Steam on March 12, 2024. Developed by a team of industry veterans from such influential companies as Crytek, Creative Assembly, Codemasters and Digital Reality, Empyre: Earls of the Deep Earth is a top-down isometric RPG that takes place in an alternate version of China circa 1899.

About The Game

EMPYRE: Earls of the Deep Earth
is the final isometric RPG adventure of the Empyre series, set in a Neo-Victorian era version of China. Struck with complete memory loss and wandering through a shadowy unfamiliar place, you find yourself on the hunt for the enigmatic Elias, a villainous rogue who is seemingly responsible for your amnesia. Players are invited to explore the secrets of an exotic land, bathed in an ominous and seemingly perpetual darkness. Will you be able to discover a way to restore light to an endangered empire?

Creating A New World

In order to design the new world that you explore in Earls of the Deep Earth, Coin Operated Games engaged the services of Stefano Tsai (Thor: Love & Thunder, His Dark Materials) to consult on specific details that we could use to properly portray Chinese culture and affairs. This partnership was invaluable in ensuring that the China depicted in the game was authentically and believably adapted for the Neo-Victorian setting of the Empyre series!

“It was great fun working with Coin Operated Games to make their version of China come to life,” said Stefano Tsai. “They were very interested in making sure that certain aspects were just right.”

There are so many elements to Chinese culture that are so hard to capture and implement correctly,” said John Randall, Creative Director of EMPYRE. “I don’t know how we could have done it without Stefano’s assistance.”

Axie

Scholar
Elements of Chinese culture from imaginary XIX century are captured and implemented correctly! RPG Game of the year.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
... I liked the ambient music in the trailer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom