Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Empyrion Galactic Survival - finally out of early access

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I see what you are saying now, I read it quickly while scrolling and missed the "get out of the chair" part. The flying out definitely happens and is the most annoying part of the game imo.
I don't know if they plant players' butts in seats now in the save game code now, but it used to be if you were playing with friends and the server disconnected, all the players that weren't piloting the ship would be stranded out in space where their location was when the game last saved. If you've ever played Empyrion, you'll know that being stuck in space can be a HUGE problem if you're not kitted out for being in space. Funny to look back on as far as bugs go, but I'm sure it made a lot of people unhappy the first time it happened to them.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm, I can't remember disconnecting while piloting, but I'll give it a shot later with logging off while piloting and see if I'm still sitting.

The game definitely doesn't remember if you are in a seat and someone flies the ship away though. Sucks having to suicide and lose all your stuff, but you get faster at rebuilding and ideally stock extra weapons and ammo in strategic places.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom