Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DA 2

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Mastermind said:
Jaesun said:
Shit, Final Fantasy X has a more complex skill system. Good job Bioware. :salute:

Still looks more complex than Gothic 2 which I have installed right now and which has definitively convinced me the codex is full of irredeemably retarded hypocritical faggots.

And yet you're going to stay here and tell us so until someone pays attention to you. What a selfless Paladin.

Multiple Sarcasm said:
I'm not getting the connection between the emote and the phrase. Is it supposed to be funny? Sarcastic? What? I'm trying to imagine it said as either and it fails as both (unsurprisingly).
Copypasting for you:
The dialogue wheel will have up to 5 choice options and up to 5 "investigate options" (to leave room for "investigate" and "return" options, respectively) [Craig Graff], [David Gaider]
There will be an icon that illustrates the tone of each dialogue response (snarky, aggressive, peaceful, romantic, etc.) [Mary Kirby], [Destructoid]
There are "personality choices" and "action choices." The tone icons for the former affect your personality, and depending on your choices, you will develop a "dominant personality" that can affect how Hawke delivers lines. The icons for the latter indicate intent. [David Gaider]

Party member approval is based on your actions, not your personality/tone. [David Gaider]

Hawke will participate in party banter to a limited extent. [David Gaider - 6:37] 09/09

Exactly why I asked. I don't see how the facial expression on the emoticon and the phrase it sits beside are related. With what intent/intonation is that phase supposed to be read? Is it:
- Yes, it was blood magic, but I know what I'm doing. The spirit helped us, didn't it?
- They don't keep helping, nya! ^_^
...or...
- They don't keep helping.
trollxc.png

...neither of which makes any sense as a reply.

Multiple Sarcasm said:
Exactly why I asked. I don't see how the facial expression on the emoticon and the phrase it sits beside are related. With what intent/intonation is that phase supposed to be read? Is it:
- Yes, it was blood magic, but I know what I'm doing. The spirit helped us, didn't it?
- They don't keep helping, nya! ^_^
...or...
- They don't keep helping.
trollxc.png

...neither of which makes any sense as a reply.
Well, bioware cannot into complex emoticons, for the fear of confusing fan base. So I'd assume that smiling carnaval mask means sarcastic response. Olive branch - peaceful response, and angry red fist - aggressive response.

Project: Eternity
Now that I've seen the female Hawke I'm looking forward to this again. Dunno why lol but the last Bioware game I enjoyed playing with a male character was BG2. Everything after that I tried male and just couldn't do it, KOTOR, ME, DA... :trannyriffic:

Mastermind said:
Jaesun said:
Shit, Final Fantasy X has a more complex skill system. Good job Bioware. :salute:

Still looks more complex than Gothic 2 which I have installed right now and which has definitively convinced me the codex is full of irredeemably retarded hypocritical faggots.
Look, you ironically titled waste of a sperm cell, unlike 99.9999r% of CRPGs made since 2000 Gothic 2's stats have an actual effect on gameplay.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
muds_animal_friend said:
Mastermind said:
Jaesun said:

Look, you ironically titled waste of a sperm cell, unlike 99.9999r% of CRPGs made since 2000 Gothic 2's stats have an actual effect on gameplay.

I can't think of a single RPG, even shitty ones like Bioware's, whose stats have no effect on gameplay.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Admiral jimbob said:
Mastermind said:
Jaesun said:

And yet you're going to stay here and tell us so until someone pays attention to you. What a selfless Paladin.

People pay attention to me all the time. Just look at the butthurt that comment alone generated even though I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Though that's to be expected. Even a man of an average intellect is seen as a visionary by the codextard masses, and despised accordingly. Curse your lilliputian intellect forever, codexfag, but praise God every day for sending a man of my caliber to show you the error of your ways.

torpid

Liturgist
Mastermind said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Mastermind said:
Jaesun said:

People pay attention to me all the time. Just look at the butthurt that comment alone generated even though I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Though that's to be expected. Even a man of an average intellect is seen as a visionary by the codextard masses, and despised accordingly. Curse your lilliputian intellect forever, codexfag, but praise God every day for sending a man of my caliber to show you the error of your ways.

Trying too hard. You're not Cleve.

Ovg

Cipher
You were doing good mastermind but then you derped it all. I'd give you 3/10 at best.

Also
Twinkle said:
I find it disturbing that lady hawke looks way more manly and badass compared to her male counterpart.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
torpid said:
Mastermind said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Mastermind said:
Jaesun said:

Trying too hard. You're not Cleve.

Much like Cleve, I don't need to try to stand above you fuckers. :smug:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
And what, again that horrible depth of field effect that does nothing but massively pixellate and slightly blur the background? Blergh.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Bluebottle said:
kazgar said:
why has she smeared poo across her face?

You either need a new display, or to go to see your doctor.
If you buy your new display from amazon, please go via the codex referral. If DU gets money, perhaps we get avatarshookers.

piydek

Cipher
Jools said:
And what, again that horrible depth of field effect that does nothing but massively pixellate and slightly blur the background? Blergh.

To me, that looks much better than the always poorly anti-aliased clumsy low-polygon 3D objects in clarity. It was fine in DA.

poetic codex

Augur
This is hardly sophisticated criticism, but does anyone else think the game just looks plain cheap?

From the user interface, to the color scheme, to the art style (or lack thereof)? Something seems off, or missing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom