Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Just buy it! It doesn't have to "be worth it" for you to make the purchase.

I own it on Steam but have yet to play it, loved Viking because of the setting. Not that into Rome actually so my wife doesn't have to worry about me spending time thinking about it.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is currently 14 Euro, is it worth it?
It's the worst of the three, combat it too gimmicky, characters designs are woke cancer even if you have tolerance for that stuff it's actually distracting, upgrades for your character are one dimensional, nothing close to what they had in Vikings and other units you have are even more boring.

exrome.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Viking's character building was too complicated IMO. In Rome, you have to develop a squad of blank slate praetorians in addition to yourself and your companions. It was too much for many people even with the system it has.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is going to be in the next Humble Choice, good thing I decided against buying it now, lol.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Worth it with choice? You get Elex II on top of it though i hear that's a shit game lul.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Worth it with choice? You get Elex II on top of it though i hear that's a shit game lul.
Elex 2 is just an asset flip of Elex 1. The same exact game, mostly on the same map, with a few tweaks here and there.

There's enjoyment to be had here, if you liked E1, but overall it just smacks of staleness and creative bankruptcy.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i loaded up the first (Expedition), which i own on steam but never played, and i'm already having trouble with 50% female ratio in ever possible role and didn't even make it past the character creation screen.

I asume Rome is even worse with full on niggers everywhere etc, right?

The Humble deal is a good one but this kind of shit rustles my jimmies too much.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So i loaded up the first (Expedition), which i own on steam but never played, and i'm already having trouble with 50% female ratio in ever possible role and didn't even make it past the character creation screen.

I asume Rome is even worse with full on niggers everywhere etc, right?

The Humble deal is a good one but this kind of shit is rustles my jimmies too much.

They packed a lot of wymbyn upfront it gets better in later parts of the game.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I think he means it's would be too complicated to have the same system in Rome where you have to juggle all the minions.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It must be exhausting to constantly be triggered by everything.
Must be amazing to be utterly unbothered by the world going down the drain.
They think this societal decline and collapse simply means more niggers on the screen. No. It means, eventually, niggers, whether robot niggers, KFC eating niggers or government niggers fucking you to Death. They really think any of this will stop or stay at this lvl, which midwits find comfy enough. Noooooo

Prepare for veeery Uncomfy Times, dear Midwits

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It must be exhausting to constantly be triggered by everything.
Must be amazing to be utterly unbothered by the world going down the drain.
They think this societal decline and collapse simply means more niggers on the screen. No. It means, eventually, niggers, whether robot niggers, KFC eating niggers or government niggers fucking you to Death. They really think any of this will stop or stay at this lvl, which midwits find comfy enough. Noooooo

Prepare for veeery Uncomfy Times, dear Midwits
I bet when they joke about white genocide some of them actually mean it and most would go with if it actually happened.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I gave this a spin, just finished the tutorial island and a bit more.

I don't hate it, I like the aesthetics, the realistic character portraits (yeah, nogs everywhere... well at least there aren't female centurions I guess), the writing is startlingly non-retarded compared to most of the contemporary Western production and the combat can hold my attention.

Thing is I much prefer the traditional Viking TB combat instead of these finicky puzzles. Hated that shit in Blackguards 2, not a fan of them here. And even though I've already done three legion battles I'm still struggling with most of the mechanics. I just can't wrap my head around what some things actually do and what strategy is best at countering what. Seems to me I always press some buttons randomly and I win. This is either way above my IQ or it's hilariously badly explained.

I'll give it a chance still but I can already tell it's not gonna turn into one of the best RPGs ever made like Viking did, that's for sure.

Oropay

Educated
I haven't played E:Rome since the legion battles were reworked, but they were always mindless. The game calculates all the stats for you, so you just mouse over and pick the one with the best outcome. The main thing is that you want to destroy or completely rout the enemy. If you let them retreat, they'll join forces with another army, and eventually you'll have to fight a huge conglomerate

Last edited:

Oropay

Educated
Can you force it?
You have to reduce the enemy forces below a certain point. I think you can also chase them as they flee. Can't really remember, it's been a while.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom