Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

F.3.A.R. v.s. Thi4f

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
MaskedMan said:
ah what the fuck i couldnt watch the homefront trailer cause of the "inappropriate" flag bullshit and i cant watch this either goddammit :godimsomadtheyremovedthissmiley:

Better that way... Man, looks worse than FEAR1 :/

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Black Cat said:
@ Luzur

I came back when someone asked about dark and sick or twisted games, or something, some time ago. I was passing through, saw it, and comented on Tecmo's Deception series. It was going to be a one post affair, coming back from the dead to post about almost unknown games and then going back to the underworld but i kind of stayed, though i do not post as much as before. Why, missed me? :3

@ DraQ

TES? You mean, like, Morrowind? I have have actually tried some of the older ones for a short while before, and have been playing with the idea of trying either a heavily modded morrowind or a really, really heavily modded oblivion for some time since i love first person dungeon crawling, was told both were good at that when very heavily modded, and there isn't really a lot on the market that does that with relatively new graphics and stuffs, but those threads with bloody huge lists of recomended mods and in which order to load them for the universe not to break down are staggering and totally uncomprehensible for me. :(

Edity Edit: Rewrote all cases of Heavy Modded as Heavily Modded. Brain fart, sorry.

Use this instead for dagger fall http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/?ti ... llSetup_EN

As for the question Thief 4 vs fear whatever the answer is and will always be i think:
the dark mod

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Spellcaster said:
Everything so far points to a terrible Thief 4.

- Leaked images show Garrett aiming with a bow in an over the shoulder perspective

- We don't have much to judge, but art direction seem to be rather boring and uninspired. Generic medieval town #3482747, and there's also the possibility that they're repeating DX3's visual gimmick on this one, having a predominant color everywhere (here it will be purple though)

- Some new Eidos Montreal employee was working on the multiplayer aspect of an unreleased game. This is just speculation, but yeah, it might be Thief.

- Brosius and the other sound designers of LGS are out, now we have Paul Weir working on it. He may even be good, but they're working on some random generative music software that I really believe it will be shit. Can't you feel the Oblivion vibes? A guard approaches from 30 meters away and the music will change to a more dangerous tone, completely ruining the game.

As I said, it's all speculation and maybe the game will turn out good or even great for some Thief fans, but I doubt I'll be one of those, since exploration is my favorite aspect in any game and played a big role on my love for the Thief series. Now we're in 2011 and exploration in mainstream games is considered a tedious, old feature that no one have time to spend on :roll:

They should shitcan what they have and let Arkane make it :thumbsup:

Renegen

Arcane
You guys are pathetic. I think Thi4f has barely left pre-production. Nothing has been finalized. And it's being done by Eidos Montreal.

I remember when everyone raged on about Thief 3, oh no a dagger instead of a sword! No more rope arrows(that sucks actually)! Well Thief 3 may be the best in the series and history has shown it stacks up really well against the first two. Funny when you compare it next to Invisible War. It's pretty hard to screw up Thief.

Menckenstein

Ed123 said:
Menckenstein said:
Spellcaster said:
Everything so far points to a terrible Thief 4.

- Leaked images show Garrett aiming with a bow in an over the shoulder perspective

- We don't have much to judge, but art direction seem to be rather boring and uninspired. Generic medieval town #3482747, and there's also the possibility that they're repeating DX3's visual gimmick on this one, having a predominant color everywhere (here it will be purple though)

- Some new Eidos Montreal employee was working on the multiplayer aspect of an unreleased game. This is just speculation, but yeah, it might be Thief.

- Brosius and the other sound designers of LGS are out, now we have Paul Weir working on it. He may even be good, but they're working on some random generative music software that I really believe it will be shit. Can't you feel the Oblivion vibes? A guard approaches from 30 meters away and the music will change to a more dangerous tone, completely ruining the game.

As I said, it's all speculation and maybe the game will turn out good or even great for some Thief fans, but I doubt I'll be one of those, since exploration is my favorite aspect in any game and played a big role on my love for the Thief series. Now we're in 2011 and exploration in mainstream games is considered a tedious, old feature that no one have time to spend on :roll:

They should shitcan what they have and let Arkane make it :thumbsup:

What, and give Harvey Smith a chance to finish what he started at Ion Storm?

I can't tell if that's a bad thing or not right now.

Menckenstein

Spellcaster said:
Menckenstein said:
Ed123 said:
What, and give Harvey Smith a chance to finish what he started at Ion Storm?

I can't tell if that's a bad thing or not right now.
thief-4-couldve-been.jpg

You can't be serious. This is one of the worst ideas ever conceived for a game sequel.

:what:

How did I never see that

Stay dead, Thief, so this can never happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom