Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain

pippin

Fahrenheit is good ideas with poor execution, as most people said. Get it on GoG for glorioys QTE-driven sex scenes. Steam had the censored version but it seems it was removed for some reason.
If I remember correctly the game goes to shit halfway through because it was meant to be a trilogy, but development chaos and funding issues brought it to what we have now.
Mr Cage's productions are Uncanny Valley: The Movie: The Game, but at least he's completely honest about being a guy who makes "interactive movies". Back in the day I saw this as unnecessary hipstershit, but considering the state of affairs today...

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Fahrenheit is good ideas with poor execution, as most people said. Get it on GoG for glorioys QTE-driven sex scenes. Steam had the censored version but it seems it was removed for some reason.
If I remember correctly the game goes to shit halfway through because it was meant to be a trilogy, but development chaos and funding issues brought it to what we have now.

The earliest thing I remember of Fahrenheit was it was supposed to be one of the first instance of episodic gaming. In the end, they changed models and released just everything at the same time ; but you still can see the game being divided as various episodes as you play through, and you can clearly see the last ones are clearly unfinished.

Episodic gaming in the Playstation 2 era. Yes. That was definitely a brilliant idea there, David.

pippin

The earliest thing I remember of Fahrenheit was it was supposed to be one of the first instance of episodic gaming. In the end, they changed models and released just everything at the same time ; but you still can see the game being divided as various episodes as you play through, and you can clearly see the last ones are clearly unfinished.

Episodic gaming in the Playstation 2 era. Yes. That was definitely a brilliant idea there, David.

Yes, I read something along those lines, but by "trilogy" I think they meant three actual games rather than three Telltale games. We will never know, though.
Also, it has been clearly established this is more of a personal affair for mr Cage. Was it really that well received to deserve a remake? Or it's just part of the remake thing we're living through today? Does anybody really care?

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Urgh, now I'm reminded of the burning disappointment of how the story turned out. The QTE from hell would have been slightly more acceptable if the pay-off in the end had been good. Why would anyone want to remake this?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom