Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Fallout 1.5: Resurrection mod for Fallout 2 released in English

mondblut

Arcane
So what was the name of that Fallout total overhaul game DarkUnderlord was trying to make all those years ago?

It seems this is not as impossible as that one ended to be.

congrats for the devs! Really looking forward to get home now!
that trailer, those sprites! Really all of my childhood is in those sprites :D I can't believe this mod really managed to come to completion after so many years.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
DU had 2 huge disadvantages when he tried to make a fallout TC:

1. He isn't a slav
2. He hadn't yet known prosper.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just encountered a very Arcanum-y brothel, complete with an unconventional cheap option and a quest where you can recruit a new worker. Play this game, men.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
how long is this game? i just finished the plot in rat hole (and that was unexpectedly long and big quest chain too) about approx. 7-8 hours in.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I like how if you try to crank as much rewards and do more quest for both sides before deciding change the difficulty of the final battle.

I was pleasantly surprised when.
i did both the collect ammo for alexa, and collect medicine for julian, then i side with julian, and he actually recognizes that alexa's men have mysteriously received stacks of ammo, which the the one i stole from him and his men before. Totally blew my expectation

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow, my ending to Rat Hole business was:
Upon solving the murder quest, I confronted the broad and managed to guilt her in to suicide by lying to her and telling her that the lad she was pining over would have left the murder victim and got with her had she not acted. No final battle, just free drugs from her corpse and free guns as a reward.

MULTIPLE SOLUTIONS! Such fun.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Wow, my ending to Rat Hole business was:
Upon solving the murder quest, I confronted the broad and managed to guilt her in to suicide by lying to her and telling her that the lad she was pining over would have left the murder victim and got with her had she not acted. No final battle, just free drugs from her corpse and free guns as a reward.

MULTIPLE SOLUTIONS! Such fun.
I discovered at least 3 ways:
1. Just to julian quest straight
2. Do the murder quest confront alexa yourself (which probably lead to your ending, bit i nust have failed speech check or missed a dialogue, i ended up being attacked by everyone
3. Do the murder quest and tell julian your finding, convince him alexa's guilt and have his group march into alexa's den (this is the one i do)

how long is this game? i just finished the plot in rat hole (and that was unexpectedly long and big quest chain too) about approx. 7-8 hours in.

http://resurrection.cz/en/faq/

How big is the game?

The number and size of locations is similar to Fallout 1. However, the number of quests - and the number of ways to solve them - is much greater than in Fallout 1.
What a fantastic gift for summer. How can this be free?

Last edited:

Black

Arcane
How can this be free?
Indeed, how.
petedweller.png

laclongquan

Arcane
Note: Total assault (julian quest) is without Julian since the boss doesnt do dirty work. However, go to Julian with Alexa's proof of guilt will get him onto that assault squad, meaning +1 gunman. Although I dont know how to improve his chance of survival because generally Julian is dead in fighting.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Note: Total assault (julian quest) is without Julian since the boss doesnt do dirty work. However, go to Julian with Alexa's proof of guilt will get him onto that assault squad, meaning +1 gunman. Although I dont know how to improve his chance of survival because generally Julian is dead in fighting.
Really? For me it was Trevor who constantly was the dead.

valcik

Arcane
1. He isn't a slav
This would surely help, sadly it might not be enough. Another great cancelled project was BGE from Czech authors, and judging by various snippets of texts slipping in public, I'm highly positive it would have been really good. They've got professional writer for this project, author of couple of books published in Czech. What a shame.

Last edited:
played it a bit last night. It's better then Fallout 1 story, maybe even 2 if we don't have aliens :P Joke aside, it's fabulous! Everybody seems to be frustrated over hunger, they are poor and they look and feel desperate, they don't cheer you up when you go talk to them like you are some superstar. I have not seen one bit of evidence that something does not belong there. I didn't have this feeling with FO3, not to mention 4.
And the quests with multiple solutions...it's so good being back to playing good CRPG's! I curse the day Bethesda got the IP!

epeli

Arcane
It's better then Fallout 1 story, maybe even 2 if we don't have aliens :P
Well, actually...
The "wanamingo" aliens play a fairly large role in this mod and they are explained in a way that is consistent with Fallout 2 and the fallout bibles.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
so which is shittier, uncle or nestor?

i thought at least uncle was the lesser evil, but then again if you do his quest straight

he's willing for the miners to get massacred in the rebellion
i find carath so far is the most depressing place (i've done new hope, rat hole, and sedit so far) because both ruling faction are such dickheads. would be fun in my evil playtrough though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom