Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 2 is way worse than I remember it.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Meh. There is absolutely nothing wrong with special encounters having pop culture references. The Monty Python stuff in special encounters is absolutely fine in Fallout 2 if people are totally ok with Dr Who's TARDIS or the fresh giant dinosaur footprint in Fallout 1. A lot of people love to get their panties in a twist over the special encounters in 2 but are totally willing to give 1's a free pass for some reason. Other than that I mostly agree with what you're saying, the vast majority of the areas are fine in the setting.
There's not only pop-cultural references but also some fourth wall jokes.

7J7HW_YjmiY.jpg

KIefqwv2iTM.jpg

p0zeJ561Ed0.jpg

Loud farting noises
Everyone entitled to an opinion. Except you. Your taste is objectively wrong. Underrail is 28% worse due to your endorsement of it. The english language is diminished every time you use it to turn your insipid pea brain's 'ideas' into words. Your mother is fat, and I would not have sex with her.

In conclusion, go play wii bowling you fucking casual.

It really is amazing how fanboys of another game come into this thread just to shit on Fallout. Thankfully there are no rules against bullying here so we can make them look stupid.

:bunkertime:

agris

Arcane
Patron
True. And? Does that change anything about my argument that a good chunk of this type of content should have been tied to such a trait?
Oh, it wasn't clear you were saying the game should be like that. It sounded like you were saying the Trait existed and that content was hidden behind it.

I also don't think it's a good solution, though. The game should have a coherent vision, and be executed as such. FNV had it because it was an admission that Fallout as an aesthetic and world-building exercise had been reduced to pastiche by 2010. The trait let you pick just how much of that reality you wanted thrown in your face, or not.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fallout fangirls always crack me up.
"reading comprehension" is not the zinger you believe it to be. You've spent too much time in your zoomie echo chamber.
It's not a zinger, I'm just letting you know that you're dumb as fuck.
Aggressive coping noises
'k.
blessed king of longing

[Perception] You seem quite butthurt about Underrail. You should apply some cream to the area.
Just so everyone understands how butthurt this guy is against Underrail, and specifically Underrail lmfao.
Honestly, if I enjoyed Fallout's art style, UI, and general feel of the gameplay (how your character moves on the screen, what it feels like to click and inspect things, initiate dialogue, etc), I bet I would really enjoy Fallout, even despite the shit combat and average writing. I just can't. IE games are better looking and feel more responsive/fluid than Fallout imo.
Very interesting position given that Underrail is uglier (despite being directly inspired by Fallout and still in development), UI is a mess, writing is merely passable, story is a bloody shart cliffhanger and overall more aimless & pointless to-do than Fallout 1 and 2 put together. I guess I can see why you like Underrail since lore&writing take a backseat in the shortbus to endless combat with very few exceptions
This was his first response to me. I might have been shitting on Fallout, but he's the one that went out of his way to make an Underrail comparison:). I've even stated many times in the past that I can understand why people enjoy Fallout even if it's not for me. Too bad this guy's level of asshurt knows no bounds, and he can't help but take the most obtuse and idiotic stance on every single aspect of Underrail.

"reading comprehension" is not the zinger you believe it to be. You've spent too much time in your zoomie echo chamber.
Aggressive coping noises
'k.
blessed king of longing

[Perception] You seem quite butthurt about Underrail. You should apply some cream to the area.
Just so everyone understands how butthurt this guy is against Underrail, and specifically Underrail lmfao.
Honestly, if I enjoyed Fallout's art style, UI, and general feel of the gameplay (how your character moves on the screen, what it feels like to click and inspect things, initiate dialogue, etc), I bet I would really enjoy Fallout, even despite the shit combat and average writing. I just can't. IE games are better looking and feel more responsive/fluid than Fallout imo.
Very interesting position given that Underrail is uglier (despite being directly inspired by Fallout and still in development), UI is a mess, writing is merely passable, story is a bloody shart cliffhanger and overall more aimless & pointless to-do than Fallout 1 and 2 put together. I guess I can see why you like Underrail since lore&writing take a backseat in the shortbus to endless combat with very few exceptions
This was his first response to me. I might have been shitting on Fallout, but he's the one that went out of his way to make an Underrail comparison:). I've even stated many times in the past that I can understand why people enjoy Fallout even if it's not for me. Too bad this guy's level of asshurt knows no bounds, and he can't help but take the most obtuse and idiotic stance on every single aspect of Underrail.
You're doing great and should keep it up. This is working really well, and I think you're right on the verge of convincing everyone you're not a complete fucking retard. Probably 3 more walls of text will do it.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You're doing great and should keep it up. This is working really well, and I think you're right on the verge of convincing everyone you're not a complete fucking retard. Probably 3 more walls of text will do it.
It's like two lines worth of text, the rest is quotes. But alright :D whatever helps you cope. For a mongoloid like you, I'm sure even one line of text is a real hassle to read.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If he was a retard, him being a retard wouldn't disqualify you from being a retard too.

blessed king of longing

[Terrifying Presence] You will never be a woman. Your parents will use your real name when they bury you after your suicide. In a million years your bones will be excavated and identified as male.

"i'm literally smiling and not mad right now" :roll:

I told you it isn't, and I don't know that so what now?

The only reason you're still in this thread is because I criticized Underrail. :shittydog: If you want me to stop talking about it, all you have to do is stay in your containment zone.

If you weren't asshurt you wouldn't be spamming the thread of a game you haven't even played, with posts full of tard logic and insults. As we can see, you still can't handle any mention of negative aspects in Underrail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom