Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 2 is way worse than I remember it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didn't know development was this of a mess. It's a wonder we even got some quality games. Just makes me think what could have been, though.

Sykar

Arcane
On the other hand it gave some unexpected gems like:

iu

9ted6

Educated
Fallout the franchise is way overrated.

The two games everyone says redeem the others are [1] a railroaded timed speedrun with a story that makes no sense in a world that makes no sense with gameplay that's crude and crusty even by contemporary standards and [New Vegas] rushed and buggy with most of its content halfbaked at best and what's left over being of inconsistent quality on top of loads of woke or just stupid writing.

Mortmal

Arcane
Meanwhile, tabletop roleplayers engage in Fallout sessions on VTT, utilizing highly tactical battlemaps featuring line of sight mechanics, interactive environments, functional RobCo terminals, and AI-generated illustrations. This proves to be a more productive use of time than shitting on an excellent but nearly 30-year-old game....

GKVQJd5.png

Beans00

Augur
deuxhero seems like the type of retard that would drown trying to get his change out of a toilet bowl.

Sorry but 2 years later this post is honestly dumber then I remember.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Why is the dog a “Blud?”
It was a small fire, not nearly big enough for any roverpak to spot from the outskirts of the city.

No smoke. And after Blood had eaten his fill, I carried him to the air-duct a mile away, and we spent the night inside on a little ledge. I held him all night. He slept good. In the morning, I fixed him up pretty good. He’d make it; he was strong.

He ate again. There was plenty left from the night before. I didn’t eat. I wasn’t hungry.

We started off across the blasted wasteland that morning. We’d find another city, and make it.

We had to move slow because Blood was still limping. It took a long time before I stopped hearing her calling in my head. Asking me, asking me: do you know what love is?

Sure I know.

A boy loves his dog.

ellihb5.jpg

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Is there a way to slaughter your ooga booga nigger village in Fallout 2 that I didn't pick up on? I mean, personally do it. What a disgrace to the Vault Dweller.

I have no desire to play a game for the lulz, and the premise of Fallout 2 soured the entire experience for me.

Beans00

Augur
Is there a way to slaughter your ooga booga nigger village in Fallout 2 that I didn't pick up on? I mean, personally do it. What a disgrace to the Vault Dweller.

I have no desire to play a game for the lulz, and the premise of Fallout 2 soured the entire experience for me.

I'll tell you if you give me some games.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

How is that a disgrace, nigga?
Again, some of you people just shit on a great game for the strangest of reasons...
They are mostly descendants of the Vault 13 people who left in an exodus with the Vault Dweller after he was banished from the Vault by the Overseer.
The Chosen (you, the Protagonist) is descended from the Vault Dweller.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Again, some of you people just shit on a great game for the strangest of reasons...
They are mostly descendants of the Vault 13 people who left in an exodus with the Vault Dweller after he was banished from the Vault by the Overseer.
It's not a strange reason at all. Fallout 1 was a race against the clock to save your vault in a gritty, post apoc world. Very atmospheric.

Somehow that person's decendents (not that far removed) become a retarded african/native tribe with shamans and spears. It's not only them either, the whole setting becomes a similar characature. Like I said, I'm not playing a game for the "lulz", especially when it's the sequel to a game like Fallout. The improvements gameplay/QOL wise are not significant enough to overlook that.

Explain to me how these complaints are "strange"

AndrewCC

Educated
I might misremember, since I played the game a long time ago, but... can't you just kill them, is it a game over if you attack?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I might misremember, since I played the game a long time ago, but... can't you just kill them, is it a game over if you attack?
No.
Game ends if you attack and make any inhabitant of Arroyo hostile.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here

It's not a strange reason at all. Fallout 1 was a race against the clock to save your vault in a gritty, post apoc world. Very atmospheric.
To be honest, I wish you didn’t have to save your vault. It’s something I dislike about both games. I’d rather you come from an irrelevant background and then just go out into the vast wasteland with no preset baggage.
Are you that much of a storyfag? The game is great but if that premise alone bothers you so much I can’t imagine you would like CRPGs in general. I will never understand this type of thinking among codexers, yes Fallout 2 is sillier than F1 but Fallout’s strength/appeal was never story or writing to begin with.

Are you that much of a storyfag? The game is great but if that premise alone bothers you so much I can’t imagine you would like CRPGs in general. I will never understand this type of thinking among codexers, yes Fallout 2 is sillier than F1 but Fallout’s strength/appeal was never story or writing to begin with.
The premise, disconnected areas, retarded ("silly") characatures, etc. It's a all a slap in the face.

Wanting the world to be cohesive does not make one a story fag. Not wanting to play some idiot African villager in a Fallout game is not a hard ask.

I'm not talking about writing either, I'm talking atmosphere. FO2 biggest failure is simply the name, it gets bonus negatives (like every other sequel) for takin such a drastic turn.

The game is great but if that premise alone bothers you so much I can’t imagine you would like CRPGs in general.
What does this even mean? Not liking a retarded premise and it souring the experience (a sequel to be specific) means I won't like any crpgs? That's a leap..

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
The premise, disconnected areas, retarded ("silly") characatures, etc. It's an all a slap in the face.
Disconnected areas? What do you mean and what areas specifically? Aside from the 4th wall breaking stuff? The world is logical and the writing explanations as to how it’s connected is one of the big improvements over F1. San Francisco is the worst but it’s not intertwined with any other major area. New Reno is silly but still tolerable for all the cool stuff in it.
Wanting the world to be cohesive does not make one a story fag. Not wanting to play some idiot African villager in a Fallout game is not a hard ask.
I think the world is pretty cohesive but I can’t argue with the tribal dynamic. I enjoyed the racist dialogue and it was quite funny but I agree it’s more divisive than Fallout’s more “generic” dialogues or writing.
I'm not talking about writing either, I'm talking atmosphere. FO2 biggest failure is simply the name, it gets bonus negatives (like every other sequel) for takin such a drastic turn.
Fallout’s atmosphere is mostly graphics (aesthetics choice) and sound design which both games do the same.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom