Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 and Unofficial Patch 1.02.28 Released

m_s0

Arcane
Could someone take a sample of the new and improved Cassidy?

Why do people insist that voiceover - especially in a 2D game - improves anything? Cassidy's "talking head" is nightmare fuel, and I can't even fathom how horrid the dub might be.

Will grab the patch, though, and for that (and obviously for keeping it separate) Killap is a bro, despite the questionable new content :bro:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I did a desperate run just to see the new Cassidy, but made the character too dumb to talk to him. :P

Anyway, the voice acting is ok, and the face fits with the others, but it's nothing like I had imagined him... guess it's another good example of graphics Vs. imagination.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
God I hate modders.

1) They fix broken shit that devs leave behind.

2) They add more stuff to tinker with

Nexus weirdos aside, since its all optional i dont really see how hate is warranted here.
Modders (and I would like to include hackers as well) tend to be whiny, pretentious assholes. I can count the number of modders and hackers that don't deserve hate on two fingers.

Look, in my opinion, broken shit is left out of a game because it fucking IS broken shit. The restored content is awful and clashes with the original game. If Fallout 2 had originally shipped with this content I seriously would've thought less of it. Fallout 2 already has plenty of retarded content.

edit: Also what the shitfuck is this crap about him "saving an abandoned game" or whatever? Are you seriously going there, killap? Yeah, and you're an inspiration as well, are you? I fucking hate modders. Just do your stuff and shut the fuck up.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I was thinking last week about return to Fallout2 after long break, then remind RP. Visited NMA thread about incoming v2.2 and wait till yesterday. Hope it work better than older.
Tried earlier version of RP (before 2.1.2), some new content was ok but constantly crash in it - not.
Cassidy? Talking head is kinda ok (better than earlier version), but voice? Voice acting in modder's stuff is serious nigtmare fuel.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
edit: Also what the shitfuck is this crap about him "saving an abandoned game" or whatever? Are you seriously going there, killap? Yeah, and you're an inspiration as well, are you? I fucking hate modders. Just do your stuff and shut the fuck up.

Do you have any fucking clue how many bugs killap has fixed over the years? You know, bugs that FO2 shipped with?

You belong in a glue factory.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated

Do you have any fucking clue how many bugs killap has fixed over the years? You know, bugs that FO2 shipped with?

You belong in a glue factory.
Do you have any fucking clue how much I give a shit? Not a fucking lot! He can do whatever the fuck he wants but tone it down, asshole. You're not a messiah of modders, nobody fucking is. Some people's work is more valuable than others but nobody has the right to be a pretentious fuck. 99% of all modders can go to hell. I make no apologies.

Also big whoop, he fixed bugs nobody fucking ever gave a shit about! I mean, Fallout 2 has been unplayable for so long! It's ridiculous! I'll bet you anything most of the bugs he fixed were introduced by his shitty restored content! You know what, I don't even need to see a changelog to confirm this! I just KNOW because that's how it ALWAYS is for restoration projects!
I will also bet you that some "bug fixes" aren't actual "bug" bug fixes but just "fixes" fixes that he was like "HMMM NO THAT'S NOT TRUE TO MY ARTISTIC VISION OF WHAT FALLOUT 2 SHOULD LOOK BE LIKE!!"

Get your buddies together in a circle and projectile ejaculate onto each other until you got a new fucking meme. Shit's getting old, O'Habermann.

Karmapowered

Augur
Thank you for the mod.

Very much looking forwards to playing it (this week-end probably).

valcik

Arcane
I'll bet you anything most of the bugs he fixed were introduced by his shitty restored content!
Wrong bet, sorry. Most of the fixed bugs were reported through the famous Per Jorner's F2 guide, which has nothing to do with new content. Have you played one of the latest releases anyway? It's a rock solid experience in comparison with the officialy patched F2. No more random crashes due to missing sounds or animations and even some of the nastiest vanilla bugs were squashed, as a serious characters' statistics fuck-up after winning the New Reno boxing match for instance.
It looks to me like you're bashing modder without actualy playing his shit. Well, suit yourself.

edit:
Do I have to play through this new version to complain about Kaga, or has it been massively improved/deleted since the "MWAHAHAHAHA I ARE KAGA"-days?
Unfortunately, Kaga is still haunting in the Wastes. Now he's treated as a regular random encouter though, very similar to the Frog's Morton brothers. Thanks to that, you can avoid the encounter completely with decent Outdoorsman skill.

Modders (and I would like to include hackers as well) tend to be whiny, pretentious assholes. I can count the number of modders and hackers that don't deserve hate on two fingers.

Look, in my opinion, broken shit is left out of a game because it fucking IS broken shit. The restored content is awful and clashes with the original game. If Fallout 2 had originally shipped with this content I seriously would've thought less of it. Fallout 2 already has plenty of retarded content.

Well by broken shit i meant bugs. Especially in 'new era of gaming' when every release is a bug ridden, rage inducing ctd fest.

If his or her mod does what its supposed to do and you like it, wont you use it ?

Seems silly to deny yourself some fun, because mod's creator happens to be an asshole.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I'll bet you anything most of the bugs he fixed were introduced by his shitty restored content!
Wrong bet, sorry.
You know, I actually checked the newest changelog and it says otherwise. More than half of the stuff is for the restored content and I'm not familiar enough with F2's quests to know if there might be even more. (Also whoo-fucking-hoo. Now when I ask for a room in Redding I get teleported to a room! And also ghoul bartender in Gecko now only carries radioactive alcohol! What amazing "bug" fixes!)
Now I'm not preparing to go read the other logs but my initial assumption is correct so far. Mostly patching the new content, fixing stuff he doesn't think matches with his vision or immersion or whatever and then a teeny tiny itty bitty actual bug fix that nobody ever cared about. This patch reeks of "Wesp", a modder I'm almost convinced is just making shit up at this point. (I'm sure he isn't but HOLY FUCK, dude, fucking give it a rest.)

Well by broken shit i meant bugs. Especially in 'new era of gaming' when every release is a bug ridden, rage inducing ctd fest
Excuse me, what is this "new era of gaming" thing you're speaking of in context of fucking Fallout 2? The only shit I've had problem with in vanilla F2 is combat freezing during the boxing matches, and it was rare enough that I don't give a fuck. F2 was a clean release in that most players did not notice whatever bugs fucked with them.

If his or her mod does what its supposed to do and you like it, wont you use it ?
Oh I will, if it does something I want it to do and it does it well. This restoration project doesn't add anything I wanted or needed in Fallout 2. The game didn't need more retarded content. If anything, it should actually have been stripped down EVEN MORE before original release. You know, so killap and other modders would have had have more shit to fix. "WE ARE SAVING THIS GAME!!" Piss off.

Seems silly to deny yourself some fun, because mod's creator happens to be an asshole.
What fucking fun? I've already played Fallout 2 to death and I've certainly had fun doing so although it wasn't even nearly as strong, focused and enjoyable as Fallout 1. I don't need more shitty content. Stupid ass fetch quests up the ass and new random encounters that waste my goddamn time. If anything, I'm making sure I'm still enjoying Fallout 2 by denying this piece of shit.

99% of all modders are pretentious douchebags and 99% of all mods are useless vanity projects. Can't get around this.

edit:
about Kaga
Is Kaga the modder's pet or something? He just has to be in the mod?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why does everybody always ignore the Unofficial Patch when they talk about killap's work? IT'S IN THE TITLE FFS

Duraframe300

Arcane
99% of all modders are pretentious douchebags and 99% of all mods are useless vanity projects. Can't get around this.

Well 99% of all forumers that just complain and don't do shit are pretentious douchebags as well.

The difference is that depending on the quality of the mods, modders actually get something important for their portfolio out of it.

Calm your tits man, you were talking about modders in general and so was i, not just f2 and killap's work

Well 99% of all forumers that just complain and don't do shit are pretentious douchebags as well.

The difference is that depending on the quality of the mods, modders actually get something important for their portfolio out of it.

Yep.

Karmapowered

Augur
What's the big deal with someone that acts butt-hurt about a good mod for whatever reason ?

Leave the attention-seeking drama-queens be, and move on.

Not like they'll ever contribute with anything worthwhile, so that anonymous people could pick their work apart over the Interwebz like they do.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! "THEIR PORTFOLIO"?!! Fuck off, retard. Nobody gives a shit.

And also you need to look up the word pretentious. Maybe buy a dictionary with accompanying grade school teacher since you seem to have had a fairly lacking education.

Duraframe300

Arcane

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! "THEIR PORTFOLIO"?!! Fuck off, retard. Nobody gives a shit.

And also you need to look up the word pretentious. Maybe buy a dictionary with accompanying grade school teacher since you seem to have had a fairly lacking education.

Yeah, you know. Except Valve, Obsidian (Jorge Salgado as a prominent example) and like every other game developer. Actual experience is what matters. Same reason a degree in game design is usually frowned upon if you can't show off something.

Also pretentious

characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a pretentious, self-important waiter.

And since you apparently believe anybody gives a shit what you write (Because honestly, you can discuss games as long as you want. If you don't do something yourself nobody, least of all a potential employer, will give a shit) I do think I was pretty accurate. Most people who write in forums think their opinion is all that important and they are *EXPERTS* at what they are doing. (Including me at times)

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated

Yeah, you know. Except Valve, Obsidian (Jorge Salgado as a prominent example) and like every other game developer. Actual experience is what matters. Same reason a degree in game design is usually frowned upon if you can't show off something.
You know those fingers I mentioned? About the modders I don't hate? Salgado is one of those fingers. And you know what? Hiring him made sense since his work on the Gamebryo engine (probably) benefited Obsidian's work on New Vegas. What's killap doing? Is there really a lot of demand for salvagers of abandoned crap? Look, there's good modders and shit modders, there's a difference. Salgado belongs to the 1% that actually made something that proved to be made for something more than just ego. Also he's a nice guy. The worst thing I can say about Obscuro is that he, unintentionally, inspired dozens of douchebags that wanted to do their own overhaul mods and land a career. The newest one being the Falkskaar mod or whatever the fuck it was called but at least it didn't fuck around, it literally was a job application.

I repeat, nobody gives a shit. Fallout 2 is an old game. It's outdated. What killap has done is certainly impressive in its own special way, and he CAN use it, but it is of NO consequence whatsoever that "he modded Fallout 2". My advice would be to put that under "hobbies" on his curriculum vitae. In white text on white paper.

Also pretentious

characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved: a pretentious, self-important waiter.

And since you apparently believe anybody gives a shit what you write (Because honestly, you can discuss games as long as you want. If you don't do something yourself nobody, least of all a potential employer, will give a shit) I do think I was pretty accurate. Most people who write in forums think their opinion is all that important and they are *EXPERTS* at what they are doing. (Including me at times)
You're talking out of your ass, flailing in the fucking dark like a moron. I certainly don't think I'm an inspiration to others or that my work is the best thing ever or that I've saved an abandoned game from being forgotten by implementing a dozen fetch quests and give Cassidy a poorly done talking head with fan-made voice acting.

And yes you're right, I certainly do believe some people give a shit about what I write, as do *I hope* most forum goers! Why? Because it's an internet forum! People WILL read my posts and they WILL reply to them, just like you have. It's quite frankly a kind of inevitable thing, which I have no control over if I want to use this thing. Do I have to fucking explain the concept of message boards to you as well? So yes, you're correct in your own :retarded: way.

edit: I shuddered at the thought that I may also have to explain to you how none of that is pretentious, but rather just social interaction. Well, whatever. Now I've oversimplified. Let me know if you have any trouble.

ALSO:
:dance: This is Michael Jackson. He's dead. One day we will all join him. Some have already joined him in various different ways. :dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom