Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 is better than Fallout: Shit Vegas and here is proof!

Doktor Best

Arcane
I'd be happy if they just hired 2 non retards to write the dialogs and story, so I could try and endure the clunky gameplay long enough to get a few hours out of it.

What I don't get is why they fell back on "GOTTA FIND MY FAMILY" again after they visited that in FO3. What were they thinking? It's pretty stale.
Also whoever makes the next entry, if Bethesda hands it off, hopefully they don't hold your hand so much. I feel genuinely embarrassed playing this game because the quest markers are somehow MORE revealing than previous Bethesda games.

They make it a running gag for the series just like every elder scrolls game starting with you being a convict. Fallout 5 will be about finding that second cousin of yours because he borrowed your favorite bon jovi cd years ago which he never returned.

Red Rogue

Learned
Oh, yeah.. no arguments there. Does anybody claim it was even remotely in the ballpark of FO1 and 2? Hell, even Tactics was deeper.

I do. I propably will get burned on the stake now but i actually see it on par with Fallout1 and 2, as they all have qualities which put them apart from eachother.

Fallout1 was a great introduction to the setting and had the most believable gameworld, but was too short and lacked content and proper challenge. Fallout2 improved on gamemechanics, difficulty balance, had more high quality content, but drifted off into sillyland sometimes. Fallout New Vegas is the biggest game, the best writing (imho), most detailed gameworld, but inherited some of Fallout3s decline (enemy levelscaling, though reduced, lack of pacing as lewting and throwing away stuff cause youre overburdened takes away way too much fucking time)

Just cant put my finger on what part of the series i like most.
Its like with Godfather. You know Godfather 3 (like Fallout3) is shit, but to decide wether Godfather1 or 2 is better? No fucking way.
So my weird List of preferation is:

Fallout2=Fallout=Fallout NV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fallout4 (i guess) > Fallout3

Never played Fallout Tactics. If i want turnbased tactical combat game i replay xcom or Jagged Alliance 2. I dont have enough trust in this game.

I have never found myself in agreement on the subject on Fallout more than I have with this post.
New Vegas had a raw deal from the start because it was forever doomed to be in Gamebryo, but despite that, I feel like Obsidian really knocked it out of the park.

Yeah, but the Gamebryo element isn't really easy to overlook or a minimal quality here.

Obsidian did a great job, and it is likely the best of the modern Fallouts (depending on what element you are weighing), but the Gamebryo elements drag the experience down. Waaaay down. The engine is really made to kill kill kill. It lacks nuance.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I don't see how the engine interferes with non-lethal quest choices or skill checks. Or dialogues and anything else fallouty. There weren't any other 'nuances' to classic fallouts either. Either talk or kill, kill, kill.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
I don't see how the engine interferes with non-lethal quest choices or skill checks. Or dialogues and anything else fallouty. There weren't any other 'nuances' to classic fallouts either. Either talk or kill, kill, kill.

There was the nuance of having fun while doing combat.

Also the nuance of it's pixels looking way better than mannequins.

typical user

Arbiter

If you have shitty visuals, jerky animations, characters with empty/retarded stare, clunky movement then no matter story, the game will be shit. It's not about Fallout experience but gameplay experience. Fallout 1/2 were really pixelated but graphical design, friendly UI and most importantly turn-based combat with contextual window describing each action made the game really pleasant to play. If you've played turn-based strategy then Fallout 2 would/will be familiar. 3D games are less forgiving in terms of game engines.

Or try to imagine Witcher 3 in Gamebryo. It would be an utter mess to play.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Combat/graphic whores. :mad: And ''friendly UI'' lel. Had fun scrolling through kilometers of inventory just to sell a bunch of surplus bullets?
Granted, i also prefer TB combat, even as shitty as it was in classic engine, but the role of gamebryon on the overall gameplay is way overstated, unless combat is your main focus.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
mehftWH.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom