Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Not really. It's subjective anyway, consensus seems to be that it is and I got really tired of arguing over what is and what isn't because it doesn't matter.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So. I wonder how bad FO4 will be.

Well to be honest this is first Beth game since Oblivion that im genuinely interested to see how it will turn out. Oblivion was horrible disappointment, as was Fallout 3 despite expecting a total shit game, had no hope for Skyrim but it turned out a mediocre game far better then its predecessors and with mods it became actually good. So with obvious leap of quality with Skyrim I wonder how Fallout 4 will fare. I hope for a mediocre game, with a solid foundation in world design which modders can turn into a enjoyable experience.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think Fallout 4 will be slightly better because they didn't design Fallout 3 with e-larpers in mind like they did with Oblivion and Skyrim. Yes, there will be pointless shit like housing but no marriages... err... right? Oh no...

I think Fallout 4 will be slightly better because they didn't design Fallout 3 with e-larpers in mind like they did with Oblivion and Skyrim. Yes, there will be pointless shit like housing but no marriages... err... right? Oh no...
Well, you could get married in Fallout 2. I'm sure a full marriage system seems like a natural leap for them after the direction they took with the alien easter eggs.

Lemming42

Arcane
Where could you get married in Fallout? In Honest Hearts they establish that a lot of people don't know what Christianity is anymore so a church would be a weird choice of location.

I hope it would retain the fantastic features of the Skyrim marriage scenes where people you've never met show up or some random guy from the other side of the country who you spoke to once.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah, alot of Fallout 2's humour falls flat as a pancake.

When people say that the Wild Wasteland perk in New Vegas just acts as a return to the 'whacky' humour of Fallout 2, they're giving it a disservice. Fallout 2's humour was mostly just abysmal schlock or effortless pop-culture references that've basically lost all meaning nearly 20 years on.

Lemming42

Arcane
Where could you get married in Fallout? In Honest Hearts they establish that a lot of people don't know what Christianity is anymore so a church would be a weird choice of location.
In Modoc, aka the Oasis of Derp.

Oh, I meant where could Bethesda choose as a marriage location in Fallout 4 but I forgot the marriage scene in Modoc took place in a church.

Yeah, alot of Fallout 2's humour falls flat as a pancake.

When people say that the Wild Wasteland perk in New Vegas just acts as a return to the 'whacky' humour of Fallout 2, they're giving it a disservice. Fallout 2's humour was mostly just abysmal schlock or effortless pop-culture references that've basically lost all meaning nearly 20 years on.

Most of it is about as lowbrow as it's possible to go, but I can't help but laugh at all the stupid 4th wall breaking dialogue, everything Myron says, the combat taunts, the entire conversation with Renesco, some of the sarcastic player dialogue options etc

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Fallout 3 not anymore but Fallout 4 I guess if you have a lot of idle time. Then come here and bitch about it

I think a lot of people -- Super Cool Codexian Dudes included -- were amped up to play FO3 simply because it was a new FO game. I enjoyed the hell out of it for while, but the wonder quickly faded. The flaws became apparent rather easily.

I replayed Morrowind more times than I can remember, but I think I managed two playthroughs with FO3, or possibly even 1.5. It was just so goddamn boring. They redeemed themselves a bit with Skyrim, in my view, but I still think they didn't really get Fallout. They didn't understand it, and they probably still don't. They thought that by having some random shopkeepers say "FUCK!" a lot, they were crafting a serious grimdark masterpiece! In reality it played like tryhard bullshit.

I would probably play FO4, but probably not right away and not for full price. Unless they showed me something that really indicated to me that they finally understood the franchise, in which case I might give it a shot at release.

alot of Fallout 2's humour falls flat as a pancake.
Agreed, but I gotta admit that I lol'd when I found this:
Crashedwhale.png

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

I hope it would retain the fantastic features of the Skyrim marriage scenes where people you've never met show up or some random guy from the other side of the country who you spoke to once.
Marriage is an institution that spans the globe and predates Christianity by millennia.

mondblut

Arcane
Marriage is an institution that spans the globe and predates Christianity by millennia.

Yet it quickly marches to its grave right in front of our eyes, no nuclear war necessary.

(and nothing of value was lost)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom