Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Gargaune

Magister
And the hits keep on rollin':

http://enbdev.com/news.html said:
26 april 2024

Published ENBSeries 0.501 for Fallout 4 Crap-Gen edition. This version is for compatibility with last game update. Water, subsurface scattering and fog do not work. Maybe something else too. Previous game version is recommended.

Thanks, Todd!

He didn't seem critical of it other than saying that it took Bethesda a while to fix it
I said he was critical of the patch overall, not that one item.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Don't worry, mods will fix it.
Oh wait, the patch broke them.

tenor.gif

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I said he was critical of the patch overall, not that one item.
I will say that it's amazing how much hype there was about this patch before it dropped. It was mentioned quite a bit in the YouTube noise I have in the background when I'm working on something. Then it dropped, and there wasn't a lot to it.

Gargaune

Magister
I will say that it's amazing how much hype there was about this patch before it dropped. It was mentioned quite a bit in the YouTube noise I have in the background when I'm working on something. Then it dropped, and there wasn't a lot to it.
People never fucking learn. And even if they do, Bethesda still finds a way to surprise them. Take me for instance - I expected the patch to break mods left and right and I expected it do add absolutely nothing in return. I didn't expect Bethesda to change the .ba2 format, which could be a bigger and more permanent affair and it's gotten to the point I wonder whether it's a deliberate obsolescence move.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I didn't expect Bethesda to change the .ba2 format, which could be a bigger and more permanent affair and it's gotten to the point I wonder whether it's a deliberate obsolescence move.
That's an interesting change that I'm sure has nothing to do with them also fixing the Creation Club issues in the same patch. It's kind of an interesting thing to change nine years after the release of the game, isn't it?

Gargaune

Magister
That's an interesting change that I'm sure has nothing to do with them also fixing the Creation Club issues in the same patch. It's kind of an interesting thing to change nine years after the release of the game, isn't it?
It could have some technical rationale related to Creation Club rubbish, I can't say without looking more into what exactly was changed format-wise and I'm tired of looking into Bethesda's crap. At best, it's doing a hack job of a real requirement, fulfilling an actual function but with disregard towards the modding scene, at worst it's a deliberate attempt to corral PC players into adopting the "next-gen" update if modders start defaulting to the new format, lest some stick with the old version like they did with Skyrim vs. Skyrim Special Edition. Either way, it's nothing to be happy about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom