Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Aim1ess

Novice
This shouldn't even be in MMORPGs lmao. It should be in general gaming or some shit. It's an online shooter game playground with RPG-esque influences. Bethesda/Zenimax is the new upcoming EA/Ubisoft/Activision. Don't expect their games to be anything unlike the others in the ways of accessibility, easier to understand, easy to pick up and play, easy to monetize beyond the initial purchase (not even talking season passes), more about feeling special without the game ever really caring to make it mean something (power fantasy done wrong), and ALL THE PROCEDURAL FETCH QUESTS. Also, throw in a lot of illusion of choice that big games get praised for from time to time. Because illusion of choice is so great when the game wants to make you feel like it was a choice either way. Could be done so much better if the game's themes/dilemmas reinforced illusion of choice.
There'll be plenty of choice, for example: Should I annoy this guy by spamming emotes or doing teabag motions in his view?

Modron

Arcane
First Bethesda multiplayer game ever, i can't wait to see the lulz potential !
They've made at least 3-4 multiplayer racing games, I mean if you're getting paid to shill this at least ask Todd for some talking points or something.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
30900-86813.jpg

Bigg Boss

Arcane
They've made at least 3-4 multiplayer racing games, I mean if you're getting paid to shill this at least ask Todd for some talking points or something.
Are you suggesting their talking points wouldn't just be a bunch of lies?
Black Panther was the first black superhero movie.

Cael

Arcane
Are you suggesting their talking points wouldn't just be a bunch of lies?
Black Panther was the first black superhero movie.
Black everything, man.

Black superhero
Black director
Black nation
Black stronk wymmyn

It was actually advertised as such and the newspapers were breathless about how black it is.

I avoided it because I don't want to tread on black territory just in case some black fellas decide to call me a racist and a cultural appropriator. Not worth the hassle dealing with social justice fucks.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Fallout 76 is the first Fallout where you can be a strong independent black woman that founded the Brotherhood of Steel before it existed that likes to fuck Deathclaws.

Risewild

Arbiter
Fallout 76 is the first Fallout where you can be a strong independent black woman that founded the Brotherhood of Steel before it existed that likes to fuck Deathclaws.
She can be a strong black woman, but only after at least leveling 9 levels and always invest in Strength. Because everyone is a weakling at every SPECIAL stat at game start. :lol:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
She can be a strong black woman, but only after at least leveling 9 levels and always invest in Strength. Because everyone is a weakling at every SPECIAL stat at game start. :lol:

Unless she is just as strong as every male character the game is sexist and likely racist just to be safe since I don't want to offend the 0 black people on this forum. I am calling the Third Wave Fembot game critics as soon as 76 launches with complaints on there not being a NPC skin color that matches my Inuit heritage.

Also I typed in Third Wave Fembot and this came up.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00497870701593739?src=recsys&journalCode=gwst20

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Mining eh? FOnline eat your heart out. PLAY THE BETA FIRST ON XBOX ONE. Hardcore bros.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom