Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Last Hope- A new Fallout 2 mod that just came out

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There's a let's play on YouTube done by Quantum Apprentice, for people wondering how the mod is like (it's an older version that was removed by the creator, tho. So a 100% accurate showcase, it is not).

If you play it, you may want to report any bugs found during your playthrough, so that Forgotten Knight can squash them.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
There's a let's play on YouTube done by Quantum Apprentice, for people wondering how the mod is like (it's an older version that was removed by the creator, tho. So a 100% accurate showcase, it is not).

If you play it, you may want to report any bugs found during your playthrough, so that Forgotten Knight can squash them.
Is the mod any good?
Is it on par with the likes of Nevada?

i've played this, it sucked. figuring out what to do for quests was very boring/difficult and you're stuck way too long in the same location. skip this one.

Actually worse than the Temple of Trials?
Right off the bat you are forced into an unarmed boss fight that progresses into a melee fight. No speech or steal check or anything else. You get 1 healing powder. The other rooms have about as many unnecessary radscorps and ants as the temple.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Actually worse than the Temple of Trials?
Right off the bat you are forced into an unarmed boss fight that progresses into a melee fight. No speech or steal check or anything else. You get 1 healing powder. The other rooms have about as many unnecessary radscorps and ants as the temple.
Damn.
The mod maker really didn't think this through, did he?

Modron

Arcane
There are two kinds of temple of trials players:
1) Omg this 7 minute dungeon is too long,
2) I disarmed every single trap, killed all the ants and scorpions, and used medicine/doctor on myself to reach level 3 before returning to Arroyo.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
2) I disarmed every single trap, killed all the ants and scorpions, and used medicine/doctor on myself to reach level 3 before returning to Arroyo.
With low Unarmed/Melee it takes way too long to kill every one of the critters...
I take the middle road, trying to kill the ants/scorpions that get in my way, but avoiding the ones that are not in my way.

The Jester

Cipher
2) I disarmed every single trap, killed all the ants and scorpions, and used medicine/doctor on myself to reach level 3 before returning to Arroyo.3
3)The whole temple took 3 minutes because I ran away from everything.
images

Beans00

Augur
I played it for a few hours today since I was doomed about sonora not working.

It's bad, like really really bad. Won't bother going back to it, I would legitimately rather play fallout 3 again.

The Jester

Cipher

It's bad, like really really bad. Won't bother going back to it, I would legitimately rather play fallout 3 again.
What's the worst thing about it?

Beans00

Augur

They added some weird field of view mechanic where you can't see anyone inside rooms or buildings or around corners. It's weird. There's also a shitty hunger and thirst mechanic but I'm not sure if it even does anything I wasn't able to drink the water I had.

That's mod stuff but everything else seems poorly designed.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

They added some weird field of view mechanic where you can't see anyone inside rooms or buildings or around corners. It's weird. There's also a shitty hunger and thirst mechanic but I'm not sure if it even does anything I wasn't able to drink the water I had.

How is that hunger and thirst mechanic even implemented in the first place?
I would imagine you lose endurance and other attributes if you are severely dehidrated and hungry, right? That's how I would implement it, at least.

Beans00

Augur

I would imagine you lose endurance and other attributes if you are severely dehidrated and hungry, right? That's how I would implement it, at least.

I lost an action point when I became thirsty, but like I said I had a few water flasks in my inventory and wasn't able to drink or use them.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I lost an action point when I became thirsty, but like I said I had a few water flasks in my inventory and wasn't able to drink or use them.
Guess it needs some patches first, then.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Just noticed while digging though NMM that a new TC mod for Fallout 2 came out a few months ago. Have not played it yet so I can't speak to it's quality https://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/last-hope-mod.146/

Stuff like this should be on the front page regardless. But alas, it is reserved for mainstream garbage, Obsidian, and games which aren't even RPGs.
Yes.

It being at the front page will make more people try it.

Then people could report the bugs they found and their suggestions

Then modmaker could use this input to fix/improve the mod

We don't have influence on major developers, but in such projects we can play a sizeable role

motherfucker

Educated
I disarmed every single trap, killed all the ants and scorpions, and used medicine/doctor on myself to reach level 3 before returning to Arroyo.
Um what? IIRC if you do every trap, kill all enemies and use first aid/doctor on yourself until exhausted you'll get ~1300XP in total. +600XP for bypassing the dude at the end, not nearly enough to reach level 3. The best you can do is level up before fighting the dude. Please say you were exaggerating because if not I've been playing this game wrong for the last 20 years.

Hydro

Novice
Field of view sounds good though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom