Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fantasy Command

Yo dudes do you want to check out my alpha version game?
its a mix of Xcom, Jagged Alliance and Heroes of Might and Magic
www.slenkar.herobo.com/fantasy command/f ... mmand.html

at the moment you can make a party,build buildings, move around the map, and fight

the map is a bit empty so I need ideas , im thinking maybe some encounters like heroes of might and magic where you can fight a beast to get access to a mine or something.

conKZ.png

----
cg7Qt.png

-----
Qq5qY.png

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Not much to say except keep at it. we need more and better games!

Had no problem creating a party and transferring villagers to it, then sending the party adventuring on the overland map.
Also no problem constructing the buildings.
I would like to see the movement controls of the village view reversed though. For me pressing the up arrow key scrolls down, left arrow kew scrolls right and vice versa.

Move this to Workshop.

Your website doesn't do anything either. Opens a blank page for me

Also, always put some screenshots in the first post for the several hundred people who won't pay attention without any.

Might be an idea to put it in your signature if you are serious about it

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Great job. You're making a very complex game, good luck man!

Creating party and building buildings work. You need to fill out the world map though.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Looking forward to trying out the combat

Excom - yeah ill add some screenies,
try enabling the evil javascript and flash?

Haba - soz

asper - thanks

zed- i made the combat engine first and the map after, just trying to connect the two.....

Phelot

Arcane
Everything you mentioned seems to work. What's the idea behind this game? It seems cool from what I assume of it.

the above/phelot- its gonna be like xcom mostly but not too similar

The web page is updated above with combat,

The characters are drawn limb by limb so any character can hold any weapon and wear any combination of clothing or armor.

The animation isnt too hot because of this, :_)

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
There are some bugs in the battle engine. I killed the first orc just fine, but when I tried killing the second one, nothing happened ang game became unresponsive (last console message - "fist attack method", looks like it might be an infinite loop).

Also, characters only travel one field per click, no matter if I point 2 fields away. But I understand you'll get it done when you have a pathfinding algorithm done.

Other than that, pretty nice progress.

thanks,
I think that bug happens when you try to attack and there is no enemy next to you.EDIT -fixed
You deserve a gold star for working out how to get into a fight without any instructions :)

(create a party, press the crossed swords and then the square button on the world map screen)

its been 5 months!! wow,

check out the webpage linked in the OP again, the combat engine is integrated fully into the map now, if you advance time a goblin raiding party will come to your village and steal food.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom