Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Favorite non-actiony, online-capable games for 2+ players?

:roll: stupid post stupid question :roll:

Apart from chess/boardgames, Worms, Wesnoth, MoO2*, MoM*, Civ, SotS, AoW:SM, and competing to see who can take the highest score in JFK: Reloaded, I don't have any other good ideas for non-action games that'd be fun to play online with a pal or two whenever we've time to kill.

Any genre works, and the game needn't be turn-based, just so long as it's nothing too frantic (so, no to most FPS and RTS, no Freelancer, etc.) or anything that requires joysticks/gamepads.

Any suggestions? Emulators are fine too, provided the game is 16-bit or lesser as I'd prefer something with relatively low system requirements.

Something RPG would be sweet, but I'm guessing there's nothing but roguelikes with online play? I never tried the NWN series online, just single-player, no idea if it's worthwhile and I don't enjoy MMORPGs so if it's like that....

There's obviously a lot to choose from, but I just haven't tried enough to know which are fun/smart and which are lame. :P

Thanks. :]

* - not even sure these can be played online?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Worms would've been my number one pick but you're looking for something else.

Wacky Wheels was a great Mario Kart clone from the mid-90s and was tons of fun in multiplayer. I have no idea if it supports online play though. There was a modem option and a LAN option, so online should work at least through Hamachi (can you get DosBox gto work through Hamachi?)

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 of course.

Tails

Arbiter
hoodoo said:
Very good, has great balance from what I've seen. It takes time to get into it ad learn some tricks, since it's semi-turn based game. You can always pick trial and play some games with other people (or with buddy on same PC) as Laser Marines only. Last time I played it with buddy in 2006, some time after last version release. Too bad Codo Games don't update it still, thought the game really has no bugs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom