Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Feargus Urquhart and Josh Sawyer talk about upcoming Obsidian games at Gamepressure

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"This (input name for game, movie, book product in general) have no soul" its a way of saying that you don't like something, but have no arguments or thoughts in general on that matter , just a "strong" position dictated by your subconscious. Needless to say that such opinions must be dismissed.
Relativistic moderntard bullshit!
The only thing your post proves is that you probably have no internal criterion for detecting soul in art.

Thonius

Arcane
Oh please, enough! Game development is industry! Claim that game from big studio can be an art is definition of retardnes! Sweet jew shekels!
WAKE UP EVERYONE TOYOTA CAMRI HAVE NO SOUL!!!
:bunkertime:
GAMES ARE ART! CALL THE MUSEUMS! I GOT CONTRA CARTRIDGES IN MY ATTIC!

Rake

Arcane
Oh please, enough! Game development is industry! Claim that game from big studio can be an art is definition of retardnes! Sweet jew shekels!
WAKE UP EVERYONE TOYOTA CAMRI HAVE NO SOUL!!!
:bunkertime:
GAMES ARE ART! CALL THE MUSEUMS! I GOT CONTRA CARTRIDGES IN MY ATTIC!
False comparison. A better one would be with movies and books, as are products as well, and they need to sell just as much as games, but still are a creative effort and can be considered "art"

Thonius

Arcane
Hm, engineering requires imagination, designers work on a look ergo Toyota camri is an art! But without soul apparently.
"I don't know what's wrong with it or I have not a single thought on that matter. But I don't like when product designed for profit have no soul! Because of reasons!
Thats muh opinion!"- Every single person who said "x don't have soul"

ikarinokami

Augur
I'm a little late to the party and probably would have skipped the party were it not for all this nonsense about fallout.

The only damn thing Tim Cain needs to doing right now is working on TB pathfinder game. And keeping Josh Sawyer as far away from it as possible.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Tim Cain is wasting his talent away at a company that threw him and Avellone to the curb a long time ago.

PoE is horrible. Time to wake the fuck up. Tim Cain is not wasting anything, he just lost his touch. He is supporting Sawyer 100%, in all his decisions. He is not the savior of grognards. He is a loyal saywerist. Deal with it.

Tigranes

Arcane
Tim Cain is wasting his talent away at a company that threw him and Avellone to the curb a long time ago.

PoE is horrible. Time to wake the fuck up. Tim Cain is not wasting anything, he just lost his touch. He is supporting Sawyer 100%, in all his decisions. He is not the savior of grognards. He is a loyal saywerist. Deal with it.

FOR THE BALANCE, a tale of BROKEN PROMISES and DRAMA
feat. Josh Sawyer as YOUNG NERO, increasingly unstable
Chris Avellone as SENECA, once mentor to NERO and now exiled
Tim Cain as POPPAEA SABINA, the promiscous second wife

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Exactly, any company that makes tree of the most uninspired by the numbers crpg's in recent history deserves all the shit it gets for not being creative enough.

Dungeon siege, South Park and PoE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom