Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final exodus of BioWare leadership - Casey Hudson and Mark Darrah resign

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Bioware decided to go all out for sycophants and danger-hairs, the mentally ill and the crazies. Hudson and Darrah were enablers, and now the inmates run the asylum.

I don't even know if the Bioware brand is worth much anymore. Or if anyone really cares what happens to them going forward.

It would not surprise me if EA corporate put some demands on Hudson and Darrah that they were "uncomfortable" with. Such as producing financially viable games instead of monetary black holes.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Did people forget Hudson is one half of the pair responsible for the ME3 ending? The way people at Bioware were talking about him at the time ("he's not good with feedback" or something like that) made him sound like a narcissist.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Bioware: makes Dragon Age 2
Fans: we knew Bioware is going to die once they've been bought up by EA! Bioware aren't the same company it used to be!
Bioware: makes Mass Effect 2
Fans: a frigging cover shooter, are you serious! where is my exploration, where's mako, where are the skills? that's it, this is the end!
Bioware: makes Mass Effect 3
Fans: what the hell is this ending lmao, Bioware is finished!
Bioware: makes Dragon Age Inquisition
Fans: gather resources? grind influence levels? what the fuck, is this an offline MMO? Bioware is dead to me now!
Bioware: makes Mass Effect Andromeda
Fans: a final nail in the coffin! Bioware is dead!
Bioware: makes Anthem
Fans: a game-as-a-service, really? this is a new low! When is EA going to finally pull the plug?
Bioware: still kicking, but veteran devs are leaving for the second time
Fans: now Bioware is really really dead, dead deadski! Any day now!

Drowed

Arcane
At this point, they can pick all employees who have left Bioware and create a new (old?) Bioware. Codex would love it because then it would have 2 Biowares to hate at the same time.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm guessing this means the next ME and DA games are either online bullshit or were being shafted so hard by execs there was no way to save them or have any control.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Title of this thread: "Mass" exodus, I get the pun, but c'mon, it's two tired old devs not a massive stampeding mob out the door.

Not like I care about Bioware itself, but if 20 people resigned, then I'd perk up and take more notice, since that sounds like a complete lack of faith.

Edit: Another thing on the header - where in the news was Laura Miele or whoever fired? I missed that. I thought she was just the EA mouthpiece responsible for translating the bad news to the gamer kids! not that she resigned, too.

prengle

Savant
i hate to piss on a corpse while it's still festering and rotting and bloating, but i still firmly believe that bioware was never good. don't try to change my mind because you can't, sweaty

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
As Flying Dutchman said, the title of the thread is incorrect. Miele is not resigning... she is merely commenting on the resignations of Hudson and Darrah.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I'm guessing this means the next ME and DA games are either online bullshit or were being shafted so hard by execs there was no way to save them or have any control.

All ME and DE games (except the first ones) were already bullshit, that's what you dont understand

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I, for one, will welcome the day when this accursed studio will finally beat the dust. Not a single good game in their catalog.

Baldur's Gate 1&2 were alright, KOTOR too in its own, streamlined way. Even Dragon Age: Origins had its merits. After that everything went downhill, but we already know the story. Same thing happened to Origin Systems.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Considering these people have been in charge during both the decline in quality and the supposed horrid project management/work environment at BioWare then perhaps this is a good thing. Especially since BioWare has reportedly been given almost free reign in how to organise themselves by EA.

They were hired early in BioWare's history and promoted based on what I guess in large part was seniority. Promoting people present at the founding or very early days of a small company to be the heads of large teams is a common pitfall growing companies fall into.

Of course, even if the above is true, it doesn't necessarily mean that this is going to turn things around. It could just as well mean that they didn't want to include microtransactions.

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Do not go gentle into that good night bioware...

take beamdog with you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom