Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy XII remaster

J1M

Arcane
I've only played the original myself, but a lot of people (even those on this forum iirc), considered it and referred to it as an upgrade. Make of that what you will.
Zodiac discussion aside, thanks for the info. I hated trying to use the PS2 because of its horrible aliasing problems, but it looks like emulators have fixed that with FXAA and AF. Also nice that the emulator is picking up my controller input even when I have other programs focused.

They should release new JRPGs with speedup hacks. I can't imagine getting through their shitty cut scenes any other way.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It'll probably just be some sort of HD upgrade of the Zodiac System version, which I don't think got released outside of Asia.
It has a fan translation that just uses the US version text. Basically flawless, so fuck this.

Riskbreaker

Buying this. FF XII remains one and only case where I actually found myself enjoying RTwP combat.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Sign me on for inevitable PC release. Glad to see it's happening. :dance:

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
Do the Zodiac version make this game less boring and braindead? For me the original was 80-hour long running and watching simulator. And i have to say that FFXII was the only game in my life that i've truly hated.

---

Arcane
I really would like a remake of FFV and FFVI (my favourite chapters, along with FFIX), maybe on 3DS, with the same style they adopted for the remakes of FFIII and FFIV :love:

Duraframe300

Arcane
I really would like a remake of FFV and FFVI (my favourite chapters, along with FFIX), maybe on 3DS, with the same style they adopted for the remakes of FFIII and FFIV :love:

IV complete collection \ Anniversary remake style or bust.

The ds ffiii and IV remakes are butt ugly.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm surprised the release is in 2017 and not this year. Are they going to add new elements in or something?

Deleted member 7219

I'm surprised the release is in 2017 and not this year. Are they going to add new elements in or something?

Converting it from PS2, remaking a lot of the textures and getting it to run with enhanced graphics and higher resolutions is probably quite difficult.

If it had originally been released on the PC, it wouldn't be as hard I would think.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't forget that they sometimes have finished products that they just sleep on and release when they see fit. FFX/X-2 on PC had a scenario like this. It was done for some time, but they refused to release it for a long time. How they think, I don't know.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Don't forget that they sometimes have finished products that they just sleep on and release when they see fit. FFX/X-2 on PC had a scenario like this. It was done for some time, but they refused to release it for a long time. How they think, I don't know.
FFX/X-2 was released on PC exactly 1 year after PS4. Sounds likely that there's some timed Sony exclusivity deal.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FFX/X-2 was released on PC exactly 1 year after PS4. Sounds likely that there's some timed Sony exclusivity deal.
Well, that makes sense.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

I saw a list of stuff they were doing on 4chan earlier today, but they are making changes to the game, yeah. Readjusting character stats, changing the guest party member system so that they can level up too and feel more like actual party members, remixing item chest locations and adding new item chests, they made changes to spells so that some of them cannot be bought anymore but instead need to be found in chests, they did some tuning to the hunts and the list goes on.

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
^ These are changes that were already made in the International Zodiac Job System that was released only in Japan almost decade ago.

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
^ These are changes that were already made in the International Zodiac Job System that was released only in Japan almost decade ago.
Yes indeed, I would assume porting this to PC or PS4 wouldn't be so time consuming unless the team is just really small... Well guess there coming with new fancy cheat features.
Any more news on this matter would be appreciated!

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes indeed, I would assume porting this to PC or PS4 wouldn't be so time consuming unless the team is just really small... Well guess there coming with new fancy cheat features.
Any more news on this matter would be appreciated!

This is from the Neogaf:

-based on FINAL FANTASY XII INTERNATIONAL ZODIAC JOB SYSTEM
-Background, character model, fonts and all 2D parts are higher resolution
-Movie scenes are higher resolution
-Uses current-gen graphics tech
-7.1 surround sound
-higher quality audio
-Japanese and English voice
-Option between original BGM and newly recorded BGM
-shorter loading time
-auto-save feature
-turbo mode

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Vaan is still in screenshots. No buy.

Gosh, Final Fantasy 12 would have been excellent if they had stuck to the original plan of Basch being the generic badass protagonist (in the Cecil Dark Knight tradition), Balthier his roguish Super Bro, and Ashe the Tsundere twist on the classic Final Fantasy royal love interest. Ivalice Alliance had the aesthetics of classic Final Fantasy reinterpreted with higher levels of dramatic/political realism.

Such a promising world building premise upended into something painful to watch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom