Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Finished NWN2 the other night...

Pseudofool

Scholar
:::SPOILERS::::

I finished it, and took my sweet time, I'd say more than 60 hours, and I did spend osme time crafting, and doing nearly every side quest, though not all related companion side quests. I never could get the Blade Golem as a party member...and fuck Gronbar.

The ending felt a bit anticlimatic; the Shadow Kings dungeon was annoying though i did like the challenge of the three Revers. The King himself was a visual spectacle but was annoying fight that lasted nearly twenty minutes and two spent resurrection rods. I thought it was pretty bad ass I got my whole party to use(only Qara betrayed, and Bishop walked off, so what's that ten members?), but I didn't micromanage them so they fell off like flies. The ending movie is pretty good, save for the AWFUL voice over, as it delievered some unexpected information and focused on NPCs I didn't expect. As the OP says the sequel for a Planar (PS:T2) type expansion is wide open, but of course we could be transported to the tropics, and it does show the Gith sword laying on the freakin ground.

I felt Act III was a bit of let down as Act II was simply put the best chapter of an CRPG I've played. And the Siege of the your Keep was well silly at best, I wonder if how it owuld have changed if I didn't invest all my loot in the damn thing--I imagine it would not. I understand the evil ending is the shiznet and you get to kill your companions with Bishop, but that seems pretty problematic for sequel.

Overall, I was pretty impressed but I felt around hour 40 the game had spent its best moments and it was hastily finished (but really, any more length I would have crocked). What was with that silly slide screen shots of the battle at High Cliffs, and it's stupid that Nasher is just locked in a room in your keep and you can't access him...

I never had any problems with gameplay; I figured out hte inventory pretty easily and the camera problems were avoidable. The game starts out very slow, but once oyu hit Act II it becomes, well, badd ass.

Lomer

Liturgist
I played on “very difficult” all the way and very rarely used the puppet mode. The trick is to make the spellcasters memorize single target spells or AoE spells which affect only enemies (such as Chain Lightning), which automatically counts out Qara. BTW, does anyone know why I can remove every spell from the Qara list upon leveling, save for the suicidal fireball?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom