Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Firmament - steampunk adventure from Cyan (Myst series, Obduction)

Fargus

Arcane
Probably not my cup of tea, but looks nice.

Jesus wept... Just look at these requirements. Cyan wants us to own a quantum PC to play their shit. I hope the Riven remake is not the same (who I'm I kidding, it will be the same shit).

You just need to download more ram.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I suspect that’s the “minimum specs for the most demanding platform supported”, ie for VR and thus the highest of all possible min specs

Geisler

Educated
The requirements are quite high for a title in this genre, but the recommended specs are hardware thats going on 6 years old now. That's not THAT bad is it? Also, it's not because you dip under the recommended specs that it will be unplayable. If you're not playing in VR it will probably be fine on anything that's isn't older than 10 years give or take. The RAM thing can safely be ignored, you'll be fine with 16, maybe even less.

Dexter

Arcane
Itz out:

You should have gotten your Code and Manual from whatever "Fangamer" is if you pledged to the KickStarter.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
3 reviews on GOG, one is crying about the wasd controls, the second one is about shader compilation stutter, but the trophy goes to the faggot who's saying that you don't to have to click everything so this is relaxing (as if the rest of the Myst games weren't relaxing enough).
Also he recommends that if we want a challenge we should take a university course.

Yes, dats rite, these are the 2023 retards we're dealing with.

StrongBelwas

Cipher
Patron
I feel like they did a terrible job marketing this, if I hadn't been playing the Myst remake recently I would have had no idea this was coming.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And people are screaming murder about that girl from the start isn't commenting because of bug, which kills narration.

Yea great. The most important element was bugged.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
It's super short, I think I completed it in less than 4 hours.
It's also terribly easy.
I guess story in the end is some retarded commie stuff about the ship keepes being buttfucked by the ship owner or some shit like that, didn't bother much about it.
Myst my ass.
:1.5/5:

bionicman

Liturgist

Jesus wept... Just look at these requirements. Cyan wants us to own a quantum PC to play their shit. I hope the Riven remake is not the same (who I'm I kidding, it will be the same shit).

I have a friend who's paid four thousand dollars for a PC he plays only Minecraft and Genshin Impact on. Meanwhile I have a $200 laptop I wanna play Firmament on. The duality of man

learn to code, bitch!

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
big cyan fan who backed the game so I ended up playing it... the game is shit, there are only 3 areas and each has about 2-3 puzzles in them. the puzzles are all basically large to very large set pieces where you use your gadget to move mechanisms in order to solve objectives either through the machines themselves or by using them to manipulate traversal options. everything is on a grander scale, bigger vistas, huge machines, but the puzzles are very simplistic and the game feels like a bad indie myst clone most of the time.

the final part (after completing all 3 areas) is basically just a walking simulator where they feed you the majority of the "story" which is more of just the premise. it's very mediocre. sad, coming off of the back of Obduction, which I thought was fantastic and would put up there with Myst/Riven in terms of quality. Firmament only took me 6.3 hours, while Obduction took me 17 hours (a couple hours may be added since it was buggy at launch and I restarted once it was patched)

still love cyan but I'll never back another project if they decide to return to kickstarter after this shit, especially when they had the audacity to delay this several times and made and released the myst remake instead of focusing all of their efforts on this game (and it shows)

edit: the AI shit is insubstantial and they basically only have two books you can read in the game that get copy-pasted around the various areas..

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
a couple hours may be added since it was buggy at launch and I restarted once it was patched
I had the same experience but unlike you I never restarted it. I was distracted by something else at the time. However, I intend to return to it at some point.

In case you missed the news, Cyan confirmed that Riven remake is ready from start to finish, but it needs a lot of polishing.
I'm not sure how many years this translates into but at least we have something to look forward to, especially after the firmament fiasco.

Btw, I wasn't aware that you're a Cyanbro. Out of curiosity, when was the last time that you played Riven?

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
a couple hours may be added since it was buggy at launch and I restarted once it was patched
I had the same experience but unlike you I never restarted it. I was distracted by something else at the time. However, I intend to return to it at some point.

In case you missed the news, Cyan confirmed that Riven remake is ready from start to finish, but it needs a lot of polishing.
I'm not sure how many years this translates into but at least we have something to look forward to, especially after the firmament fiasco.

Btw, I wasn't aware that you're a Cyanbro. Out of curiosity, when was the last time that you played Riven?
about 5 years ago?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom