Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First screenshots for Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't wait to have Sonic & Tails in my party, squee~ ^_^

Edit: from Nintendo Power article:

-In game graphics have a water color look, all hand drawn
-4 party members at a time
-Each character can do certain things ex: Tails can float over things (standard stuff)
-11 party members total - 8 known are Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Shadow, Big the Cat
-Control done fully with stylus - think Hourglass
-Able to split party into teams at certain moments
-Rings are used as currency
-Rage meter turns Sonic into Omega Sonic unleashing a black fury on badniks
-No random battles, see enemies on the field
-Turn based battles, choose commands for everyone in your party before they actually follow through. Want battles to be fast paced
-Elite Beat Agents style special attacks
-Return of fan favorite Ray the Squirrel
-Team attacks (like Chrono Trigger)
-"Fatigue Points" instead of MP
-Choose which attributes to increase when you level up
-Purchase and level special attacks
-Make your own radical character to have adventures alongside Sonic
-Bits of story - Sonic's on vacation from defeating Eggman 2 years ago. Gets a call from Tails that Knuckles has been kidnapped by a group called the Marauders, and that 6 chaos emeralds are missing. Eggman not the main villain. But Bioware wants to make him a creditable bad guy again. Something about a "twist" between Eggman and Sonic that goes back to the earlier games.
-2 acts - first takes place in standard Sonic areas. 2nd takes place in a darker world
-Ren'Ai style dating system
-Remixed classic tunes
-"fully animated cut scenes"
-simple dialogue trees
-Side quests

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Yea I saw these a while ago. I think the art style is pretty wicked.

59481020080112_125121_6_big.jpg

59481020080112_125119_0_big.jpg

59481020080112_125121_8_big.jpg

59481020080112_125119_1_big.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
While I think the concept art is really good, what does that say? Nothing. Fallout 3 has great concept art too.

edit: how low have we fallen to discuss this game. And the worst thing, it's most likely going to be a better RPG than Mass Effect and Oblivion.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jasede said:
Fallout 3 has great concept art too.

Not really. Some decent concept art, but no great concept art. Van Buren had great concept art.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Better than Oblivion, most likely. But ME at least doesn't feature pink hedgehogs, you know, give it a little slack.

The art is pretty. Pity I can't get over the furr--I mean anthromorphic hedgehogs. I don't know the fandom at all, but on another board, I have encountered this girl who writes Sonic fanfiction. More to the point, Sonic rape/abuse fanfiction that ranges from such delights as "Sonic is raped by Shadow", "Sonic is married to Amy and beats her; Shadow rides to Amy's rescue" to "Knuckles rapes Amy; they fall in love."

nik2008ofs

Scholar
Jasede said:
edit: how low have we fallen to discuss this game.

Why? It is a fairly anticipated title, featuring a well known title character, from a developer that is frequently discussed on these boards...

I for one will probably get a DS to play it.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Jasede said:
edit: how low have we fallen to discuss this game. And the worst thing, it's most likely going to be a better RPG than Mass Effect and Oblivion.

How low has BioWare fallen to be making this is the best question. Seriously, a few years ago, BioWare was KING even though I wasn't a huge fan of theirs. Something like Sonic the Hedgehog CRPG kind of shows how far they've fallen from their throne. Not only is it a silly notion, it's a copy of a silly notion - Mario RPG. It's not even original.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Hmm, you're right, I forgot about Mario RPG. Which was, by the way, incredible in every way, for a jRPG.

MetalCraze

Arcane
now if even Jasede says that those people are very, very ill... not that I don't see it for myself. but... WTF? certificate of marriage? save the humanity, hang them.

the game graphics looks pretty neat though

Schauman

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
http://www.sonic-online.com/sonicpassion/

Wonder how she'll feel about this

Oh god no, just no no no. I demand some uplifting WH40k pics, something with Sonic meeting the chainfist, other gore spawning apparatus will suffice as well.

Lovely how robophilia is getting way too possible with the technology we have though. Think they are already about to produce new RealDolls which have MP3 players and sensors at strategic locations. Nerds will become extinct when the chances of female nerd meeting male nerd become zero due to the advent of Sephiroth and Aeris dolls.

mjorkerina

Scholar
Saint_Proverbius said:
Jasede said:

How low has BioWare fallen to be making this is the best question. Seriously, a few years ago, BioWare was KING even though I wasn't a huge fan of theirs. Something like Sonic the Hedgehog CRPG kind of shows how far they've fallen from their throne. Not only is it a silly notion, it's a copy of a silly notion - Mario RPG. It's not even original.

Oh come on, bioware can't get lower than where they are right now because after all, they fcsking made a STARWARS based game. Fucking STARWARS. Then they started pumping out action games with some RPG elements for consoles : Jade Empire and Mass Effect.

Sonic RPG is no worse, it's in pure continuity.

Ausir

Arcane
Saint_Proverbius said:

They were bought by EA, what did you expect?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Why ar epeople praising the graphics? It's subpar at best.

That said, there's nothing wrong with BIO making a Sonic game. It sure beats MAKING NO GAMES AT ALL *cough* Troika *cough*.

"Then they started pumping out action games with some RPG elements for consoles : Jade Empire and Mass Effect."

The hiliarty about the comment I just quoted is that both JE and ME has more role-playing in their pinky fingers than BIO's earlier games which for some stupid reason the BIO hating Codexers are wax nostalgic for. L0L In other words, STFU.

Mayday

Augur
Saint_Proverbius said:
Seriously, a few years ago, BioWare was KING even though I wasn't a huge fan of theirs.
I get it that there were no other companies that managed to be KING even though you weren't a huge fan of theirs?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom