Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First Serious Sam 3 screenshot

Felix

Arcane
sam2.jpg

look at the bright side, or blur side :M

Micmu

Magister
Dire Roach said:
Too few enemies shown on screen.

Because there are; even less than in SS2 from what I've heard.
Technology limitations!!

Btw, it's UTTER SHIT GENERIC CRAP CONSOLE "FPS" with Serious Sam name on it.
Moving on.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
That's the problem I had with the HD versions of Serious Sam. Due to "technological limitations", some of the coolest features of the original Serious Sam games were either completely removed or only "copied" in a way that made them inferior.

In short: I couldn't fix my own car, so I made the horn LOUDER!

Black

Arcane
A bit more colour on that one pic there but still not enough.
C'mon, SS full of brown?

kazgar

Arcane
Pika-Cthulhu said:
Is that a tentacled chopper in the background?

from the publishers twitter:

SeriousSamIAm Am I going to fight a helicopter with tentacles in Serious Sam 3: BFE? Yes. Yes I am.

oh and while i'm at it, also from there

You know what horde/firefight mode is called in Serious Sam 3? It's called Serious Sam 3. Boom!

MetalCraze

Arcane
Dire Roach said:
Too few enemies shown on screen.

And notice the tight corridors.

I bet it even has retarded cutscenes every 3 enemies and an epic plotline where everyone tells you how much of a superhero you are.

Fucking consoles and consoletards who also play these shitty games on PC. Fuck them for ruining a genre that once was fun to play and dynamic and reducing it to a crawl with a gameplay that is a clean copy of FMV railshooters from early 90s. Fuck them all.

UserNamer

Cipher
I recently completed serious sam hd the second encounter and had a blast. Should I bother with serious sam 2? I heard it was not as liked as the first two encounters and frankly it looks too colorful... like gay pride colorful

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
UserNamer said:
I recently completed serious sam hd the second encounter and had a blast. Should I bother with serious sam 2? I heard it was not as liked as the first two encounters and frankly it looks too colorful... like gay pride colorful

It's a huge letdown compared to First & Second Encounter. You have a crappy physics engine, the worst assortment of weapons ever to grace a FPS, vastly restrictive levels compared to FE & SE and not only does NETRISCA have a voice, but it's one of the most ANNOYING voices they could find. The only more annoying voice in the game is the one that announces when you gain power-ups and extra lives.

The plus sides? You have a huge variety of new enemies (though almost none of the original ones) and among them are many aerial ones which helps fight the monotony of the game, there are vehicles and some mildly interesting boss fights, though only the first one has the WOAH!-factor of FE and SE.

I get the feeling sometimes that Serious Sam 2 is one of those games designed solely to troll gamers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom