Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information First Wasteland 2 Enemy Portrait Revealed

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
In after more bitching.

kaizoku

Arcane
+1 to the "That dog image was the first thing I thought of..." sentiment.

+1 to the "Are they really going to have static portraits for enemies? Cool!" sentiment.

While it's almost a mirror image of that dog one has to wonder if there is anything more grotesque than that. Probably not.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Wow! They steal music and art. I just want to read some of the Wasteland 2 lore to guess from what books or stories they "took inspiration".

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
These portraits are really going to clash with the toy story aesthetic.

Bulba

Learned
What are you bitching about? and kosmo... if you think it looks like your mama just sue them otherwise shut your fucking smelly hole up!

nice pic

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What's with the bitching about tracing from that ugly dog image? You fucks don't know shit about tracing. Cue Civ 5:

scavengehunt04.jpg

scavengehunt01.jpg

scavengehunt02.jpg

scavengehunt05.jpg

scavengehunt12.jpg

resources2048_20.png
CottonPlant.jpg

034_Spices.png
cinnamon-treatment-diabetes.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Very interesting to know how people find those things.

Those Civ ones look really cheap and crappy, though. The dog at least has a lot of work done on it, not just painted over the original image.

And by the way, the Arcanum portraits are done from photos as well.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
When will they start showing actual systems and mechanics? With Dead State they already discussed those things long ago on the ITS forums, with Shadowrun Returns you can have a basic idea from taking a peek on the 4th ed rulebooks. But this game is nothing but an art book so far unless I missed something.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jesus fuck, my nightmares came to life.

So many teeth...

4too

Arcane
Canines Of The Apocalypse

Here is another post world view … evokes the projection of urban ape decedent values on to a niche pulp narrative!

179220164.JPG

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-empty-city-erin-hunter/1109872177?r=1&ean=9780062102560&cm_em=soncho@att.net&cm_mmc=Other-_-This_Week-_-120821_NF_NEW_RELEASE_TUESDAY-_-

About This Book said:
Lucky is a golden-haired mutt with a nose for survival. He has always been a Lone Dog, relying on his instincts to get by. Other dogs have Packs, but Lucky stands alone.
Then the Big Growl strikes. Suddenly, the ground is split wide open. The Trap House is destroyed. And all the longpaws have disappeared.
Now Lucky is trapped in a strange and desolate new world with no food, foul water, and enemies at every turn. He falls in with others left behind, including his littermate Bella, a Leashed Dog. Relying on other dogs—and having them depend on him—brings new dangers that Lucky isn't prepared for, but he may not be able to survive on his own. Can Lucky ever be a true Pack Dog?
A dog Sim!

Meanwhile, behind door 2, this snarling beast ...
may not sport a collar to reflect a metro sexuals' post modern fashion statement …
ssarpqhc.nfy.jpg

aficionados of WASTELAND
this is obviously …. BOBBY'S DOG!!!1!
Hard charging with Choice And Consequence horns akimbo!
Moral dilemma deja vu!
Rangers,
what ya gonna do,
what ya gonna do, when Bobby's dog comes for you …

4too

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Yeah, Donn Throgg is my hero for many reasons, that being one of them.

Anyway, the portrait legitimately looks good. Creeepy fucking dog in real life makes a great video game enemy.
They'd be crazy not to take advantage of the opportunity.

Stabwound

Arcane
The dog wasn't plagiarized. Fargo even tweeted more than once about that "world's ugliest dog" pic, it's clearly meant to be a reference to it but not an outright plagarization.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I don't really know the history of that photo. Is it a professional photograph? Can you really plagiarize a random picture made by some random guy?

Stinger

Arcane
Yeah I think it looks pretty good. It's clearly been inspired by that ugliest dog picture but it isn't plagiarism considering the artist clearly hasn't just traced over the image/applied a filter.

More importantly I really hope they can pull off a similar look with the mutant dog's actual in game model. I get that a top down camera can't allow all the details to show up but it'd be annoying if the actual game didn't look anywhere near as good as the concept art.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom