Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Flashpoint and cie - Let's play Flash games in 2022

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
There was a time when games were like wild flowers, numerous and free, carpeting the -then- young internet of their fancy loading screens. And, like most wild flowers, most of them were bland and boring, but still there were some goddam good ones around.
Flash games were all the raving during some golden age, and because we can't have nice things the world moved on and they were replaced by grieving, shitty videos and overall boredom.

Lately I've stumbled upon Flashpoint, an all-in-one program with a terrible interface but that let you browse and play freely basically any Flash game ever, along with other formats such as Java that were relevant once upon a time. There are convenient curated lists with good game choices and overall it works very well. Since I had a blast firing Desktop Tower Defense or Cursor*10 once again, I'm creating this thread to share the good news and talk about these old shits that were the ultimate time-killers.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Dungeons and dungeons

dnd1.jpg

Holy cow how hard I searched for this game some years ago. A simple but solid platformer with nice ambiance and good music, not that hard but quite unforgiving. Also crammed with secret area, so if you're an exploration fiend you may also have a good time. Can be finished in a hour or a bit more.

Desktop Tower

dt2.jpg

The best Tower Defense I've played. Quite a marvel of design.

Everyday the Same Dream

etsd1.jpg

This music. How this music still is haunting me.

Viva Caligula

vivacaligula1.jpg

Emperor Caligula is having a bad day and decides to slaughter all of Rome citizens. Find the 26 weapons and get gore. Nothing serious but feels great to crush some toga with a giant boulder.

Zenithsan

Educated
I LOVE flash games and played most of them
This is my favorite, a little old but totally a hidden gem

the-flash-game-boy-money.jpg

Narushima

Cipher
Thanks for sharing this, it's neat.

My recommendation would be Frog Fractions. A game that's good, but you can never talk about it for fear of revealing what it is. Just play it.

iu

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I miss a obscure japanese website with hentai games back in the day. Found it while browsing a portuguese website that had a bi weekly nude segment.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!

My recommendation would be Frog Fractions. A game that's good, but you can never talk about it for fear of revealing what it is. Just play it.

iu
Thanks for recommendation, just finished it.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
For those planning on 'archiving' the Flashpoint collection, keep in mind that the offline version is 766 Gb in size...

Narushima

Cipher
But the light version, which downloads games as needed, is only around 3 Gb.

lightbane

Arcane
Oh man, Flash games were the best. Sure, there were tons of shitty ones, but they were part of the freedom that the Internet used to be. It also made Newgrounds a worthy webpage (before they went gay, literally).
Quite symbolic for Flash to die off as the world is becoming more and more totalitarian and insane.

I remember a game I would like to find, but I can't find the name of. It was an adventure game of sorts with simple graphics and some actions scenes. You started in a dark room, later fought a robot of some sort (a giant circle firing lasers), and later you had to solve puzzles by writing the answer manually. Any ideas?

Hag

Arbiter
Patron

iu
Just finished it, that was awesome.

Wonder if there is an alternate ending if you go full "add/remove auto targeting".

In a similar style I'd recommend Pro Office Calculator that is not Flash but is free.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Another favorite of mine : pOnd

pOnd1.jpg

Simple, short and well-made.

Narushima

Cipher
Another blast from the past I replayed is jmtb02's This is the Only Level.
Fun, simple, creative platformer, with a couple of sequels.

thisistheonlylevel.png

Hint: If you ever want to simulate hitting F5 in Flashpoint, simply close the game's window and relaunch it.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Only flash games I have played are some of the Decision games and those Last Stand games but well after the fact since I bought that Last Stand Legacy Collection on Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom