Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Forgotten Gems: A look back at Ultima V

Melcar

Arcane
I´ve been itching to play Lazarus, but I don´t know if it works on WINE. Hope it does, otherwise I will be very angry.

Lord_Santa

Novice
In your basement stealing all your precious oxygen
recommending people to play Lazarus over Ultima V original is kindda like recommending people to play Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance over Baldur's Gate the oriignal

the fuck is wrong with people?

to manually type every question in Ultima V is one of the highlights of the game, FFS

if you can't stand the graphics, then you're playing the wrong genre

Silellak

Cipher
Lord_Santa said:
recommending people to play Lazarus over Ultima V original is kindda like recommending people to play Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance over Baldur's Gate the oriignal
Uh...what?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Silellak said:
Lord_Santa said:
Uh...what?

Necromancer troll alt rises from the dead.

IT IS A ANTEDILUVIAN RUUUUUUUUUUUN!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS THANKS I APPRECIATE IT ALSO THANKS TO JAESON AND RACOFER THEY MADE THE SHIT LOOK ALL PRETTY AND REALLY THE SCREENSHOTS AND PHOTOSHOP SHIT WAS AWESOME OH YEAH JAESUN DID ALL THE PHOTO CAPTIONS AND SOME EDITING AS WELL THOSE BROS DESERVE AS MUCH CTREDIT AS ME

BROS THIS PLACE HAS HELPED ME FIND SOME COOL SHIT ALSO LETS ME KNOW I AM NOT THE ONLY NERD WHO LIKES OLD FAGGY RPGS JUST TRYING TOP GIVE BACK A LITTLE

I HAD TO SOBER UP TO WRITE COHERENTLY I APPOLOGIZE THAT USUALLY MEANS NOT ALL CAPS

BROS ANYWAYS I WILL USE MY INTELLIGENCE TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AND MAYBE DO ANOTHER STARFLIGHT IS ANOTHER ONE OF MY OLD FAVORITES I PLAYED IT ON THE GENESIS BUT THAT IS OKAY IT WAS BEFORE CONSOLES WERE POPAMOLE THERE WEREW JUST SIDESCROLL BEATUMPUPOAMOLE L;OLLOLLOL

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS ALSO THIS IS JUST FROM HERESAY BUT I WOULD PLAY LAZARUS BECAUSE THEY EXPANDED THE STORY THAT WAS LIMITED AT THE TIME JUST LIKE ANOTHER BRO BEFORE ME STATED BUT AS PER MY REVIEW ULTIMA 5 STILL STANDS WELL TODAY IF YOU CAN GET USED TO A FEW THINGS

ALSO BROS I DIDNT TOTALLY REVIEW THE GAME I NEGLECTED EXPANDING OIN THE INTERFACE ON PURPOSE AS JAESUN HELPED ME CLARIFY THIS WAS MORE OF A RETROSPECTIVE THAN A REVIEW THE PURPOSE WAS TO GET PEOPLE INTERESTED IN OLDER GAM,ES IT WAS FOCUSED ON THE POSITIVE SHIT ON PURPOSE

BROS I HAVE HAD SHIT PUBLISHED IN MAGAZINES IN OTHER HOBBIES I APPRECIATE ANY CRITICISMS GETTING USED TO THE FLOW OF HOW THIS SHIT GOES

racofer

Thread Incliner
I can't believe I missed this. College is taking all my time away from me :(

Anyways, great review and good job BLOBERT, Jaesun and specially Racofer.

Vibalist

Arcane
I'm late to the party and shit, but I just wanna say you did a great job of reviewing this game, Blobert. I'm actually interested in trying it now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom