Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fort Zombie

Multi-headed Cow

Anyone else playing this? Just got into it recently. Played through and survived my first real game, starting game 2 as an ex-con in the prison fortress. Just claimed my fort and made my first successful weapon run and I'm barely scraping by with 13% health. Going to have a hell of a time recruiting survivors when I have 0 interaction skill.

For people who don't know the game and are interested, youtube some videos. It has terrible graphics, terrible sound, terrible controls, terrible performance, terrible AI/pathfinding, and wonderful gameplay. You make your character with some RPG-esque skills, then make your way to your chosen fort and clear it. Once you reach that point, you can save the game and the "Real" game begins. You go on missions into the randomized town to try to collect weapons, supplies/food, and other survivors. Once you get survivors back at the fort, you can either take them with you on missions or leave them behind to make barricades/traps (Which you place by hand) for when your fort is inevitably attacked by a zombie swarm. Feels slightly roguelike in that it can be really punishing, and it follows the "Dying is fun" school of gameplay a bit. Wouldn't recommend playing ironman since death is so easy, but I wouldn't recommend savescumming to try to get more successful weapon/survivor/supply runs either.

PS, make sure you're running 1.04. Even the latest version is buggy, but it's apparently a metric fuckton better than it was at launch. If you're going to not remove from inventory, Demonoid has a torrent of 1.04 up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom